Scripture Memorization

Sheriberi

Does anyone know of a good system for scripture memorization? I want to hide the word in my heart and teach my children to do so.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I would also enjoy reading about your personal experiences with scripture memory.

cutiebe2

My pastor puts scriptures to songs and raps..it is soooo fun! He tries to have a new one every Sunday. I think I personally have memorized about 15 although he has taught more (I just wasn't there).

You have to really be creative but if its fun you will not forget it!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Does anyone know of a good system for scripture memorization? I want to hide the word in my heart and teach my children to do so.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I would also enjoy reading about your personal experiences with scripture memory.
:wave: Hi Sheriberi :bighug:

With the children, you can create the ABC Bible Memory Verses.

On index cards type the letter A and then write a verse that coincides with 'A' and so on. You and your entire family will LOVE this.

We have so much fun with this and my' babies' have learned to search in their own little Bibles for verses and are so excited to share. :meme:

They each have their own Bibles at their age levels. :yep:

Examples:

A: "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord"

also: 'Abide in Me and My Words abide in you, then you can ask what you will and it shall be given."

A: AND GOD said, Let there be light: and there was light.

AND GOD saw the light, that it was good:

AND GOD said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion .......

AND GOD blessed them, AND GOD said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: (Genesis 1)

B: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved"

C: " Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men". (Mark 1:17)

D: "Depart from evil and do good"....and dwell for evermore (Psalm 37:27)

also, "DECLARE His glory among the heathen; his marvellous works among all nations. " (1 Chronicles 16:24)

also, "Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. (Psalm 37:4)

E: " EVERY GOOD gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. (James 1:17)

also, "Enlarge my territory...." (The Prayer of Jabez 2 Chronicles )

F: "From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks"

also, "For I know the plans I have for you..." (Jeremiah 31 )

G: GOD IS LOVE; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him (1 John 4:16)

also, "Go and sin no more..."

H: Honor thy Father and thy Mother ... (Exodus 20)

also, Hope thou in God....

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High, shall abide under the shadow of the All Mighty" (Psalm 91:1)

also: Hope is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

I: "If you will ask anything in my name, I will give it to you"

also, "I will TRIUMPH in the works of thy hands. ..." (Psalm 92:4)

J: Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? (Matt 24:2)

K: Give me now wisdom and KNOWLEDGE (2 Chronicles 1:10)

also, KNOW ye that the LORD he is God... (Psalm 100:3)

L: "Lean not unto thine own understanding...."

M: "Married in honorable in all...." (Hebrews 13)

"Male and Female created He, them. (Matthew 19:4)

But from the beginning of the creation God made them MALE AND FEMALE (Mark 10:6)

N: "No man comes unto the Father, except by Me"

also, "No weapon formed against thee shall prosper..."

O: Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name ....

P: "He maketh me to lie down in green PASTURES" (Psalm 23:2)

Q: "Children are an heritage of the Lord; Happy is the man that hath his QUIVER full of them: (Psalm 127:5)

Quit ye like men, be strong (1 Corinthians 16:13)

R: Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy (Exodus 20)

S: And God Said, And God Said, And God Said, And God Said ....(Genesis 1)

T: "But I, Trust in the Lord " (Psalm 31:6)

also, "Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go andpray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. " (Jeremiah 29:12)

U: For God is not UNRIGHTEOUS to forget your work and labour of love (Hebrews 6:10)

V: "Verily, verily I say unto to you, Before Abraham was, I am. (John 8:58)

W: What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee ... (Psalm 56:3)

also, We are His people and the sheep of His pasture... (Psalm 100:3)

"Walk while ye have the light..." (John 12:35)

X: Whereby are given unto us EXCEEDING great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature ... (2 Peter 1:4)

Y: YOUR eyes shall be opened....(Genesis 3:5)

Z: (The) ZEAL of thine house hath eaten me up... (John 2:17)

Feel free to copy and paste these onto paper then cut out and paste the paper onto index cards. You can even place little stickers and pictures on the cards. Your imagination is endless.

Ask your children what kind of picture goes with this scripture and then let them 'draw' a picture of their own. Just have fun with this. There are no rules except to have fun and enjoying the love of God with your family.

Also, as you go through everyday life, things occur. You can ask your family (husband and children) what scripture goes with this situation? It's awesome to see how they 'apply' God's word to everyday life.

When you share the day's events after work and school, you can also share what scripture matches the occurence of your day or even a person.

One day we couldn't find the car keys. And one of my babies said, "Evil shall not triumph over good." That was 'his' interpretation of the situation and his solution to it. :yep: A few minutes later we found the keys.

The point is, they have learned to apply the Word of God to the situations that happen in life and then see their faith in operation. It's awesome, it really is. :yep::yep::yep:

Enjoy! :love2: :love3: :love4:

Last edited:

blazingthru

this is what I do I put them on index cards. with the scripture in the back and the text in the front. so when My daughter holds them up I just see the scripture and I go from there. I hope this helps. I am learning too.