Scunci Magicbun - Miracle for APL or Longer

Pixel Lady said:
Did you try to start up higher? I put my hair in a scrunchy first, put the hair bun thingy on, slid the scrunchy off and proceeded from there. Clear as mud...lol!

I haven't had a texlax since Feb 15...I think when I do get one, I'll have to do this on wet hair. I'm really enjoying it...I think I'm doing something wrong though. I had to tuck some ends in. I just did one on the top of my head...I look like a ballerina :look:

Umm...clears throat...where are the pix Ms Tsmith?? You know I wanna see!;)

ETA: Thanks ladies!

You're silly pixel, I'll take one in a minute and post it but yes I did pull it up high but the clamp would not close shut:perplexed You're really experimenting with your's huh. On top of your head huh:) I did a slanted bun but could'nt do a high bun:( and I want a high bun too:p

tsmith said:
You're silly pixel, I'll take one in a minute and post it but yes I did pull it up high but the clamp would not close shut:perplexed You're really experimenting with your's huh. On top of your head huh:) I did a slanted bun but could'nt do a high bun:( and I want a high bun too:p

LOL and yep...I really like it!

Are you spreading your hair from end to end (inside the thing)? Did you try putting a scrunchy on loosely first?

I bought one of these last year but after a few tries and not getting the results I wanted, I put it to the side. I am going to pull it out (won't be able to use it for a minute though since I am doing braidouts this summer)

PixelLady, that's really neat and cute; it gives me hope that I can try it again!:)

Pixel Lady said:
LOL and yep...I really like it!

Are you spreading your hair from end to end (inside the thing)? Did you try putting a scrunchy on loosely first?

Nope, I'm not spreading it from end to end. I don't really have to, once I roll the thingy up my hair spreads out on its own. Here's the pic:

tsmith said:
What's taking them so long? Dang!!! I got mine like 2 days later:look:

Okay, I just checked my order number and the website is saying they are waiting on inventory. :perplexed

OT...I miss the pic of your baby girl in the avatar. :( Her smile always made me say....awwwwhhhhhh:)

Pixel Lady said:
Did you try to start up higher? I put my hair in a scrunchy first, put the hair bun thingy on, slid the scrunchy off and proceeded from there. Clear as mud...lol!

I haven't had a texlax since Feb 15...I think when I do get one, I'll have to do this on wet hair. I'm really enjoying it...I think I'm doing something wrong though. I had to tuck some ends in. I just did one on the top of my head...I look like a ballerina :look:

Umm...clears throat...where are the pix Ms Tsmith?? You know I wanna see!;)

ETA: Thanks ladies!

You shoudn't have to tuck your ends in. What I did was pull my hair through the hole and pulled the magicbun down and once I got in like the middle of my hair I started rolling the magicbun up. Don't pull the magicbun all the way down to your ends and then start rolling it up, pull the magicbun down and when you get to the last 3 inches of your hair start rolling it up. Your ends will be tucked in and protected;)

Letitia said:
Okay, I just checked my order number and the website is saying they are waiting on inventory. :perplexed

OT...I miss the pic of your baby girl in the avatar. :( Her smile always made me say....awwwwhhhhhh:)

I'll put her back on. I miss her smile too;)

ETA: There she is all smiles for ya:) with her naughty behind.

Last edited:
tsmith said:
I'll put her back on. I miss her smile too;)

ETA: There she is all smiles for ya:) with her naughty behind.

Yahhhh, LHCF is just not the same without the cute lil angel with the white bows and the big beautiful smile!!:D

Letitia said:
Yahhhh, LHCF is just not the same without the cute lil angel with the white bows and the big beautiful smile!!:D

I guess when henna posted this thread on the magicbun ppl started ordering them. I know as soon as I watched the instructional tutorial on youtube. I hurried up and order mine.

tsmith said:
I guess when henna posted this thread on the magicbun ppl started ordering them. I know as soon as I watched the instructional tutorial on youtube. I hurried up and order mine.

I went to the site the first day and they were there but i decided to look locally, had no luck so i went back to the site and could not find them so I ordered from walgreens. I guess LHCF bought up their current inventory. :D

MzRhonda said:
I went to the site the first day and they were there but i decided to look locally, had no luck so i went back to the site and could not find them so I ordered from walgreens. I guess LHCF bought up their current inventory. :D

When you ordered from walgreens, what did you type in to find them? I went to walgreens website and the only scrunci's I found was the regular ponytail ones:) That's why I went ahead and ordered it then because I hate to go looking for stuff.

tsmith said:

Yes, I think that is what happened too. I emailed them yesterday and here is the reply I recieved from them.

We apologize for the delay with your order. Our shipment from the manufacturer was 'Lost in Transit'. We should have received it well before you placed your order. They have placed a "Priority Rush" on a replacement shipment which is expected next week. Just as soon as we receive it, your order will be shipped. We will include a free gift, our thanks for your patience. Please rest assured, this is not common practice for Scrunchies.com. We take alot of pride in the fact that most orders are processed within 2-3 business days. This is an unusual circumstance and unfortunately we are at the mercy of the manufacturer and the United States Postal System.
Again our apologies and thanks for your patience. You will receive an e-mail just as soon as your order ships.

*I feel good at least KNOWING what is going on with my shipment.

Letitia said:
Yes, I think that is what happened too. I emailed them yesterday and here is the reply I recieved from them.

We apologize for the delay with your order. Our shipment from the manufacturer was 'Lost in Transit'. We should have received it well before you placed your order. They have placed a "Priority Rush" on a replacement shipment which is expected next week. Just as soon as we receive it, your order will be shipped. We will include a free gift, our thanks for your patience. Please rest assured, this is not common practice for Scrunchies.com. We take alot of pride in the fact that most orders are processed within 2-3 business days. This is an unusual circumstance and unfortunately we are at the mercy of the manufacturer and the United States Postal System.
Again our apologies and thanks for your patience. You will receive an e-mail just as soon as your order ships.

*I feel good at least KNOWING what is going on with my shipment.

I believe they are sincere because as I said earlier, I got mine in 2 days:) It'll be in here a hot minute Missy:p and you get a free gift:( :p

Ooooh I just got my 4 Magicbuns from Walgreens.com and had to try one of them....I likey :grin: very nice and easy to use.

Hey! Is anyone still using their magic bun? Did you see any benefits/ damage from long term use? I just entered a bun challenge and wanted to know if it would work with my hair length (and like an inch of newgrowth underneath) :lachen:
~*Janelle~*

Back