SCurl and relaxed hair

ChoKitty

Okay, I've bought Scurl..and have been using it on my new growth and I love it...aside from making me smell like my granma :grin:

The thing is, I'm afraid to use it on anything but my new growth....I'm afraid it will revert my hair or something. Do any of you relaxed girls use it on the portions that are relaxed..and if so, does it do anything to your hair? Or is it fine?:confused:

senimoni

Its fine for me...it makes it shiny and moisturized....ymmv though. I guess it does give it a slight wave but I've been wearing my hair in a bun.

There is a pic in my fotki account....of what it looks like at night.....all of my other pics I have scurl in too.

missenm

I recently started to use S curl. I initially put it only on my new growth but after combing my hair, the S-Curl was distributed to the entire length of my hair. It made my hair feel soft and VERY moisturized!

Allandra

I use SCurl from time-to-time as a moisturizer (on all of my hair). It works good. It's not too greasy, and it doesn't smell bad imo. It doesn't even have a strong smell.

leontyneb

I use S-Curl on my hair daily. I love the way it makes my hair feel. It feels so soft and especially on my new growth. It gives it this smooth look and also you can go longer getting a touch up. I Love this product.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
For me S-Curl doesn't revert my hair per se, but it does get gunky in my hair when I combine it with a particular gel I like.

LoriLOCX

I just started using Elasta Curl Penetrating Moisturizer (same as S-Curl). I use it on my new growth and my relaxed 2,3,4a mixed hair. I massage my roots and then mist it throughout rest. I do it at night and tie my hair back in a scarf. I LOVE THE MOISTURE!!! AND I KNOW I CAN DEFINITELY STRETCH MY RELAXER. I've never stretched before LHCF and I'm new here. Before LHCF I was relaxing faithfull every 6-8 weeks. I'm currently at 10 weeks and by adding Elasta Curl, I look like I just got a relaxer!! I'm happy using it.

crml_buttafly

i use it 2x a day eveyday,i love it! i used to use world of curl and i couldnt stand the smell.scurl is much better:)

i use it w/FOTE aloe vera gel and it doesnt gunk up it gives me a nice shiny slick look.

i also use it on my daughts heair and i like the shiny ness it gives her hair

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I only use S-Curl on my hair after I wash it and when I style it into a bun. I don't use it on dry relaxed hair.

bajanplums1

When I used it on my relaxed hair my was very soft but could not hold a curl and felt very coated. I got the same results when I used curl activator gel. So now I stick with oil based goodies, but I think s-curl is a great product if it works on your hair.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
LoriLOCX said:
I just started using Elasta Curl Penetrating Moisturizer (same as S-Curl). I use it on my new growth and my relaxed 2,3,4a mixed hair. I massage my roots and then mist it throughout rest. I do it at night and tie my hair back in a scarf. I LOVE THE MOISTURE!!! AND I KNOW I CAN DEFINITELY STRETCH MY RELAXER. I've never stretched before LHCF and I'm new here. Before LHCF I was relaxing faithfull every 6-8 weeks. I'm currently at 10 weeks and by adding Elasta Curl, I look like I just got a relaxer!! I'm happy using it.

Ohh I'm going to have to try this next weekend. I didn't see the name of your product in this site.

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/qp.html

Did you get yours from the BSS? I also wanted to try the Hawaian Silky leav-in (I love this line). :)

NewlyNature12

S-curl can't revert your hair, but I used too much of it one time and it definitely caused breakage. Overall I think it's a good product for stretching relaxers, but too much can be a bad thing.

tryn2growmyhair

It caused my hair to be coated and so soft that it broke when I put it in a baggie. I now use a homemade spray of water and coconut oil for a similar but nicer effect. Another thing is that it's cheaper becuase coconut oil (it's my favorite, can you tell?) has many uses.

bajanplums1

tryn2growmyhair said:
It caused my hair to be coated and so soft that it broke when I put it in a baggie. I now use a homemade spray of water and coconut oil for a similar but nicer effect. Another thing is that it's cheaper becuase coconut oil (it's my favorite, can you tell?) has many uses.

i'm a coconut oil groupie too! love it love it love it (like Bilal would sing)

LoriLOCX

sugaplum said:
Ohh I'm going to have to try this next weekend. I didn't see the name of your product in this site.

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/qp.html

Did you get yours from the BSS? I also wanted to try the Hawaian Silky leav-in (I love this line). :)

Hi sugaplum....
Yes, I just got it a the BSS. Elastic Curl came out when Donnie's Activator, Care Free Curl and Stay-So-Fro was really popular. Since I decided to add an activator, I went with one I had used before. It doesn't have any smell to it really, and it wasn't one of those activators that drip or look greasy. My hair grew real fast when I used it when I had a curl, so I figured I'd go back to that.