Relaxed SCurl Users...

MizaniMami

Hey Ladies,

Any of you relaxed ladies use scurl? In particular the ones who wear their hair down or straight? Do yu have any problems with the hair not staying straight or feeling coated? I bought some this weekend (I lost my pj diet) and I can't wait to try it on my wrapped hair. I have been using on my no-heat, ponytailed hair, but my hair isn't really staright to begin with right now. What do you ladies think?

lahennesy26

im relaxed and i use s-curl all the time it makes my hair curly for some reason but it keeps it very moisturized i love it.

macherieamour

HEY MIZ:)

I wanna know this too. Im tryin to use up some products under the sink and S curl is one of them. I just have no idea how to use it :(

PinkPeony

lahennesy26 said:
im relaxed and i use s-curl all the time it makes my hair curly for some reason but it keeps it very moisturized i love it.
Oh the same happened to me too!
I airdry my hair all the time but since I use S-curl it always comes out somewhat curly:confused:

MizaniMami

macherieamour said:
HEY MIZ:)

I wanna know this too. Im tryin to use up some products under the sink and S curl is one of them. I just have no idea how to use it :(

Well when you find out PLEASE let me know. I used this on my air dried pony tail and it feels really moisturized but not really soft, sort of in a greasy way. But I don't know how it will do on my down hair. I know for a fact the key to this is being very light handed. But with all that hair you have lol.

Macherie, what do you use in the meantime to moisturize? Your hair looks so bouncy and I can never acheive that look moisturizing everyday? Do you moisturize everyday?

Anyways, thanks ladies for replying!

I am thinking where/how should I incorporate this in my routine. :confused: I am thinking it would be better if I use it on my dry hair

Last edited:

Dee-Licious

Do you just apply scurl to your wet hair and then airdry? Does it make your hair wavy like a braid/twistout?

macherieamour

Thanks Miz :)

You know what, I just use a tab of ORS olive oil in a jar or Keracare creme headdress and then seal with sweet almond oil, wrap and spray oil sheen every night. In the morning, its biosilk on the ends and im out. Thats pretty much it.

The ORS is a bit more heavier than keracare. I use this closer to perm time..

senimoni

If I'm wearing my hair out...I may just use a spray or two in the morning....a little more at night before I pin curl. It doesn't cause me any issues...but I don't wear my hair stick straight either.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
senimoni said:
If I'm wearing my hair out...I may just use a spray or two in the morning....a little more at night before I pin curl. It doesn't cause me any issues...but I don't wear my hair stick straight either.

Ditto! I usually roller-set my hair after apply Scurl at night because I don't like to wear my hair straight. I find the Scurl keeps my hair very soft and mosturized. But, if you like to wear your hair straight, Scurl can feel a bit waxy and add unwanted texture.

cocowhite

I only use scurl after washing my hair, but I never wear it down, so my hair has a slight wave to it from being in a bun.

PinkPeony

MsDanele1518 said:
Do you just apply scurl to your wet hair and then airdry? Does it make your hair wavy like a braid/twistout?
that`s exactly how it looks afterwards
I put it on my wethair,put my hair in bantu knots and then let it dry

Arcadian

I don't use s-curl I use care free curl gold. Like s-curl its extremely moisterizing, so I only use a very small amount on my hair (about the size of a quarter) more than that seems to really coat my hair and make it feel tacky.

If your hair is longer than shoulder length you may need a little more than that, but not much more.

Also, if you like having curls(either by rolling or heat) you'll do good to use the smallest amount you can get by with.

-A

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Ok, which S-curl is everyone talking about? I saw one in a gray bottle w/blue writing and one in a white bottle w/blue writing.

Doremie13

ella said:
I put it on my wethair,put my hair in bantu knots and then let it dry

Once my hair is straight again when I'm done stretching, I plan to do the same thing with the bantu knots.

kombov_dymond

Blue and white bottle that says 'No Drip'. I use it when I am down to the last few weeks of my relaxer. I don't wear my hair out when I use it though. That would be a disaster. I use it for buns and when I am wearing a phony pony with a baggie underneath.

Pokahontas said:
Ok, which S-curl is everyone talking about? I saw one in a gray bottle w/blue writing and one in a white bottle w/blue writing.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
kombov_dymond said:
Blue and white bottle that says 'No Drip'. I use it when I am down to the last few weeks of my relaxer. I don't wear my hair out when I use it though. That would be a disaster. I use it for buns and when I am wearing a phony pony with a baggie underneath.
Okay, thanks. I was leaning towards that one. I normally use Softsheen's Carefree Curl in the spray bottle and it is awsome but I might try this out.