SDA spinoff

kisz4tj

I have been confonted with this question quite often lately and I find myself a bit speechless and talking in circles. I don't know why. The question is usually put "What can't you do on the Sabbath?" or comments made like "Oh so you have to be home before it gets dark" Can you talk on the phone? Do ya'll get these questions?

My next question is do you guys have Sabbath routines? What do you do?
I've not felt fulfilled on Friday nights in awhile. I used to hold a bible study in my home with other young ppl, that's no longer for whatever reason. But typically I pick up my girls go home, lay down, tune into the gospel station for awhile. Then I'll watch a recorded sermon and fall asleep. SAD :( Even my kids are like it's the Sabbath? Dang so we can't watch Disney channel! :nono:

AnnDriena_

HAAA! Can't talk on the phone? What? Do they think you're Amish or something?:lachen:

I don't have a routine I just do what I enjoy. If sewing is pleasurable and relaxing I do that. Most of the time I sleep.:D

MomofThreeBoys

I try to make it fun for my kids. After we have worship opening up the Sabbath,

1) We listen to Bible Stories on the internet (Bible story hour is great! You just have to review what the story is about first.)
2) We watch religious movies (they love this!)
3) We call and catch up with family members around the country
4) We read together!
6) They will color or draw. The love drawing elaborate scenes from the Bible.
OR
5) We play Bible games!

I think preparation helps so they don't get bored.

Right now, we are EXTREMELY busy b/c we go to a small church and we wear many hats plus the kids are still small (8 and 7 y.o). Once they get older, they will have to start doing service projects every so often on Fridays. Right now they do service projects with other kids at the church like make lunch bags for homeless people, visit nursing homes etc.

Teenages are hard!!! I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it.:look:

MomofThreeBoys

Yes, I get these questions occasionally. I use it as an opportunity to share my faith with someone. My co-workers know now and they don't ask anymore. If they need something on the weekend, they automatically know it will get done on Sunday.

kisz4tj said:
I have been confonted with this question quite often lately and I find myself a bit speechless and talking in circles. I don't know why. The question is usually put "What can't you do on the Sabbath?" or comments made like "Oh so you have to be home before it gets dark" Can you talk on the phone? Do ya'll get these questions?

My next question is do you guys have Sabbath routines? What do you do?
I've not felt fulfilled on Friday nights in awhile. I used to hold a bible study in my home with other young ppl, that's no longer for whatever reason. But typically I pick up my girls go home, lay down, tune into the gospel station for awhile. Then I'll watch a recorded sermon and fall asleep. SAD :( Even my kids are like it's the Sabbath? Dang so we can't watch Disney channel! :nono:

good2uuuu

It's so much harder here than back in Nashville. I have no support here like there. sometimes we go to someones house, but that's rare. We use to hike a lot back in the day before kids...lol. Now we call the grand parents, peep veggie Tales, read Bible stories, explore the city, got to a park with a lake, after all, this is the land of 10,000 lakes. In Nashville we would visit friends or family and just chill. When I was in the choir and hubby was with The Brothers of Nashville, we would go to our rehearsals or I would go to his and just enjoy the music.

What's interesting to me is the difference in Sabbath observance among races. Wehn hubbs was in a summer program in Vermont (He and, some of ya'll might know Joe Holder, Atlanta man) the white Adventist would swim and bike and grill. I don't see anything wrong with swimming and biking though, once I wrapped my brain around the concept. Grilling is a whole nother subject....lol.