sealing with castor oil?

MissRissa

ok when you seal with castor oil are you supposed to do that on soaking wet hair or wait until its semi dry or what? i just deep conditioned and i called myself sealing with oil for the first time. it was on fairly wet hair. i deep conditioned, combed out, applied some redken anti snap, and went to seal but the castor oil is so thick and sticky feeling the hairs were sticking to my hands so badly and when i went to pull away, strands were breaking off. then i was thinking it was overmoisturized but it didnt feel mushy and im a weekly dcer and i usually co wash 2-5 times during the week and this has never happened before with any other products.

Yeah, castor oil is very thick. I have only used it in extreme cases and I wait until my hair is about 75% dry before sealing with it.

ok when you seal with castor oil are you supposed to do that on soaking wet hair or wait until its semi dry or what? i just deep conditioned and i called myself sealing with oil for the first time. it was on fairly wet hair. i deep conditioned, combed out, applied some redken anti snap, and went to seal but the castor oil is so thick and sticky feeling the hairs were sticking to my hands so badly and when i went to pull away, strands were breaking off. then i was thinking it was overmoisturized but it didnt feel mushy and im a weekly dcer and i usually co wash 2-5 times during the week and this has never happened before with any other products.

was it regular castor oil or jamaican black castor oil?

I think its better on soaking wet hair, reason is you will see- if you try it- that the castor oil goes right off your hands and onto your hair, and your hands have nothing left on it.

Try it, I use it because my hair used to dry out, and its working a wonder for my ends, they are very very hydrated.

it was regular old castor oil

I use JBCO on soaking wet hair to seal whenever I CW and bun. It's not as thick and sticky as regular (it's thick too, but not as bad) and gets the job done. After CWing, I'll apply more condish as a leave in & brush thru, apply my aloe vera or IC gel to my edges and smooth. I then put about a quarter size amt of JBCO in my palm, rub my hands together then smooth over my head then brush w/boar bristle brush into a ponytail. Once ponied, I take a lil more JBCO (about nickel) and smooth down the length of my ponytail then brush thru w/my Denman. I then tuck and pin then put on a scarf for about 15 mintes. My hair is touchably soft all day, no tacky sticky feeling at all. HTH!

I use castor oil on partial dried hair when Im airdrying. I also use it on dry hair after I rollerset and I use it on my hair daily (either after I moisturize or by itself).

Personally, I do not like castor oil on soaking wet hair. I feel as if the water does not allow it to penetrate and the oil kindof slides off the hair strand.

Castor oil does not penetrate as much as it seals moisture in- since putting it on wet hair, my ends have stops snapping and i can put my hand throw my hair. And im natural too.

I guess it might be better on natural hair.

Yeah, castor oil is very thick. I have only used it in extreme cases and I wait until my hair is about 75% dry before sealing with it.

Yes, I agree with tnorenberg. I use castor oil only when doing twistouts on damp (not soaking wet) hair because I like my twisouts weighed-down a bit.

I use JBCO on soaking wet hair to seal whenever I CW and bun. It's not as thick and sticky as regular (it's thick too, but not as bad) and gets the job done. After CWing, I'll apply more condish as a leave in & brush thru, apply my aloe vera or IC gel to my edges and smooth. I then put about a quarter size amt of JBCO in my palm, rub my hands together then smooth over my head then brush w/boar bristle brush into a ponytail. Once ponied, I take a lil more JBCO (about nickel) and smooth down the length of my ponytail then brush thru w/my Denman. I then tuck and pin then put on a scarf for about 15 mintes. My hair is touchably soft all day, no tacky sticky feeling at all. HTH!

Yeah my hair felt kinda gross (tacky) all night. Maybe it should have been wetter when I did it. I think i may try the JBCO but i do have a LITER of that castor oil that i need to use up first. i was really thinking about never using it again, so much hair was coming off in my hands but the shine that it gave me hair was RIDICULOUS and so many ladies talk about how well it keeps their hair soft and moisturized-like.

Yes, I agree with tnorenberg. I use castor oil only when doing twistouts on damp (not soaking wet) hair because I like my twisouts weighed-down a bit.

when i put oil on dry hair it always feels like its just sitting on top of the hair looking a greasy mess. i guess i have to go through a little trial and error when im doing this but i was seriously finna start freaking out at all the hair that was on my hands.

Back