Naturals...Before Sealing With Oil....

Sherbetcane

what do you do to wet or dry hair before sealing with oil...?Any Lotions, Butters, Creams or Leave-ins.... i just bought phyto 7 hydrating cream for dry hair...i seal with coconut oil after.... results....:lick:

JustKiya

I don't use anything - I dc my hair, braid it, let it dry about halfway, then take it down, seal with castor oil, and braid it back up to dry.

ladytee2

I spray with my spray bottle (rose water, avg, glycerine, eo), then seal. I put sheabuter on my ends and the halo frizz. This winter I probably use less glycerine, use the coconut and sheabutter mix on the length and ends and then seal with a little oil. My hair just way less frizz the next day when I spray with water base and seal but I love a creamy moisturizer.

melodies815

I'm probably not the one you want to answer, but I just thought I would drop in because I have never "sealed" with oil. I just shea butter my hair from root to tip after washing and every other day after that until the next wash - which is usually 3-4 days later.

I have not had one split end. Breakage is a non issue now that we are back stateside.

Don't know if this is helpful, but I did want someone to know that there are butters that probably do just as good a job of sealing.

I am natural 4a/b.

HTH!!!

cj

Sherbetcane

I'm probably not the one you want to answer, but I just thought I would drop in because I have never "sealed" with oil. I just shea butter my hair from root to tip after washing and every other day after that until the next wash - which is usually 3-4 days later.

I have not had one split end. Breakage is a non issue now that we are back stateside.

Don't know if this is helpful, but I did want someone to know that there are butters that probably do just as good a job of sealing.

I am natural 4a/b.

HTH!!!

cj
Do you have dry hair? is this enough for your hair moisture? Shea alone???