?????Sealing????

luvn_life

OK ladies... I know this might seem like a dumb question to you haircare professionals:grin: But, can somebody tell me what Sealing is??? I don't get it. What is it?? How do you use it??? Sorry, I feel like I always ask dumb questions on here...:blush:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Sealing is where you use oils after washing/cowashing/mosturizing to keep the moisture in. It helps to relieve dry hair syndrome. Do you have any oils at home?

Ronda123

Sealing is when you moisturize your hair first with a moisturizer, then use an oil like EVOO or EVCO to seal the moisturizer in.

Yes, Amla/ Brahmi oil will work.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

So do you do it when is wet?? Can you wrap wet hair??
Yes, you would seal while the hair is damp. I do not wrap my hair but when I was relaxed I would, and yes, it would be wet. I didn't realize at the time though that wrapping was bad for my hair.

SEMO

OK ladies... I know this might seem like a dumb question to you haircare professionals:grin: But, can somebody tell me what Sealing is??? I don't get it. What is it?? How do you use it??? Sorry, I feel like I always ask dumb questions on here...:blush:

It wasn't a dumb question. :nono: Everybody feels overwhelmed by all the information on LHCF when they first join. :yep:

sonia1965

Hi kyna323,

thank you for asking the question, I also wanted to know and was actually searching the forums yesterday for the answer, now I have it

Michelle79

Don't feel bad because I have some sealing questions too:

Does sealing work on wet hair only or can you do it on dry hair?

Can you use a serum as an oil?