Searching for a twisting gel..please help.

brebre928

Can anyone of you ladies who use gel for holding your two strand twist let me know what you are using? Please...I want something with a light hold that leaves my hair soft not crunchy or hard.

I wanted to try the Taliah Waajid "lock it up" gel, but I heard mixed reviews on it.

Does anyone use the ORS Lock and Twist???

If you're not using either one can you tell me what product you are using and how you like it.

I'd appreciate if someone can answer my question. I'd search for it but the search feature has gone missing :(

Anywho hope someone can help me out.

TruMe

I am still transitioning so I don't do regular two strand twist but instead a flat two strand twist out but for that, I use either Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue or Jane Carter's Twist and Lock. I LOVE both!!! Miss Jessie's can leave your hair crunchy if you use too much so you would just need to experiment to see the amount you can go up to without the crunchy feeling. I never have the crunchy feeling with the Jane Carter product. Hope that helps.

I've used ORS and I like it.
My mother twisted my hair for me and she is heavy handed with product, but it was easy to wash out and it held pretty well.
Don't have any experience with any other products.

southerncitygirl

afroveda whipped gelly has a decent hold and its natural, people also like one by shescentit too. with the afroveda i mix mine with their curl define or other butters for my twistouts, my twists could easily hold for a longer period of time.

Urban

I use ORS Lock and Twist Gel. I like it! I find it quite moisturizing. It softens and adds slip to my hair. I hardly shampoo and never have problems with it building up.

GreenEyedJen

ORS Lock and Twist Gel is the only thing I use for twists. I just tried it as a mixture with Cantu leave-in (because I want to use that stuff up) and I had the most beautiful, soft twist out ever! I mean literally, I was out with my friends in a "white" area and the white people kept touching my hair in amazement! Comments like "it's as if you grow lamb's wool!" were pretty much all I was hearing hahahahahaha

ilah

I used the ORS lock and twist when I had an install of kinky twists put in...I generally swear by ORS but after a few days I noticed my hair started to flake.

Maybe the chick that did my hair used too much. I don't know. I'm not trying to find out either.

I've been using the Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue for my 2 strand twists and my hair is soft and it doesn't flake.

SimJam

ic fantasia olive oil or ecostyler olive oil.

I use giovanni direct leave in under the gel

empressri

another vote for ors lock and twist. i used that over some oyin handmade honey hemp condish and my hair was blinging and sooo soft!

chebaby

i use my butters to twist more than i use gels. but when i do use gel its always afroveda whipped gelly.