SEDU FLATIRON OWNERS...I NEED YOUR INPUT,PLEASE :)

CHECKMATE!

...I just purchased the 1 1/2 inch from Folica.com....I sooo excited:grin:...I've decided to do my own hair,from now on,go figure:rolleyes:...I was using to much heat,blow drying my roots,to get them straight,also i noticed that the indirect heat (rollersetting) leaves my hair kinda' dry :(...i figure flatironing my hair,2x a month, would seal the cuticle giving it more shine...I noticed ALOT of members with BSL and longer,flatiron their hair rather than rollerset...My question is...are u air drying your hair before flatironing? are u using a heat protectant? if so,which one? I have 3b/c hair,what temperature setting should i use? why have you chosen to flatiron rather than rollerset? are there any benefits? I know I have alot of questions, but please help a sister out:look:

Last edited:

Qetesh

hey, i am a 3c ... i flat iron my hair with a sedu.... see fotki.

for me perosnally i would wash my hair and usually i would just deep condition, cold water wash and then put oil and silica mix in it under dryer it till it was about 80% dry.... then i would put the sedu on 360 and put some bio serum on my hair and flat iron it,... i didnt blow dry and i also found that putting some oil on it while soaking wet and flat ironing it while partly wet provided a more silky results for me.... not sure if this is a good process but it works for me. i only flat iron my hair every 8 weeks or so.

actually now i dont at all because i wanna get back to bra strap length since i cut off alot of hair

CHECKMATE!

hey, i am a 3c ... i flat iron my hair with a sedu.... see fotki.

for me perosnally i would wash my hair and usually i would just deep condition, cold water wash and then put oil and silica mix in it under dryer it till it was about 80% dry.... then i would put the sedu on 360 and put some bio serum on my hair and flat iron it,... i didnt blow dry and i also found that putting some oil on it while soaking wet and flat ironing it while partly wet provided a more silky results for me.... not sure if this is a good process but it works for me. i only flat iron my hair every 8 weeks or so.

actually now i dont at all because i wanna get back to bra strap length since i cut off alot of hair

what is bio serum? and did u find it (the oil I mean) left your hair feeling greasy/heavy?

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
...I just purchased the 1 1/2 inch from Folica.com....I sooo excited:grin:...I've decided to do my own hair,from now on,go figure:rolleyes:...I was using to much heat,blow drying my roots,to get them straight,also i noticed that the indirect heat (rollersetting) leaves my hair kinda' dry :(...i figure flatironing my hair,2x a month, would seal the cuticle giving it more shine...I noticed ALOT of members with BSL and longer,flatiron their hair rather than rollerset...My question is...are u air drying your hair before flatironing? are u using a heat protectant? if so,which one? I have 3b/c hair,what temperature setting should i use? why have you chosen to flatiron rather than rollerset? are there any benefits? I know I have alot of questions, but please help a sister out:look:

I noticed alot of breakage and dryness w/ rollersetting as well and went back to flat ironing....it works for me!:grin: I think that now that I know how to take care of my hair, I can take a little heat sometimes. I flat iron anywhere from 1-3x a month. Sometimes I air dry, but I also like to use a hatchet style blowdryer on warm. Before I use any heat though, I prepoo and deep condition. I apply ORS hair lotion and then Fantasia IC serum making sure my hair is completely dry before flat ironing. I use the second setting on my Sedu...320 degrees max! I have relaxed 4a/b hair.

CHECKMATE!

I noticed alot of breakage and dryness w/ rollersetting as well and went back to flat ironing....it works for me!:grin: I think that now that I know how to take care of my hair, I can take a little heat sometimes. I flat iron anywhere from 1-3x a month. Sometimes I air dry, but I also like to use a hatchet style blowdryer on warm. Before I use any heat though, I prepoo and deep condition. I apply ORS hair lotion and then Fantasia IC serum making sure my hair is completely dry before flat ironing. I use the second setting on my Sedu...320 degrees max! I have relaxed 4a/b hair.

thanks for responding...I'm noticing dryness as well from rollersetting...and shedding...

KinksnCurlz

My question is...are u air drying your hair before flatironing? are u using a heat protectant? if so,which one? I have 3b/c hair,what temperature setting should i use? why have you chosen to flatiron rather than rollerset? are there any benefits? I know I have alot of questions, but please help a sister out

I usually let my hair airdry for a couple of hours and then run it thru a low temp blowdryer to dry it fully. as a heat protectant, i use paul mitchell seal and shine and i just started using the chi silk. i believe my hair is 3b/4a and i use the 2nd setting (sorry don't know the # offhand). i have chosen to flat iron b/c i dont have enough hair to rollerset :lachen: BUT i've always preferred rollersets over flatironing (but that was when i was relaxed).

Misseyl

Congrats on your purchase Patience. I also purchased a Sedu in February. What I normally do is airdry my hair then use the flatiron using one of the Profectiv product as a leave-in.

Aggie

Hi Pv, i have a a sedu 1 1/2" as well and have on order a 1' sedu that should be arriving soon from folica.com. When I flat iron, I airdry and use my Chi silk infusion as a protectant before flat ironing. I usually set the temperature a little over 300 degrees because the 410 degrees is too hot for my own hair. I would only use the 410 degrees for my human wigs and falls though. You could keep the temperature lower and test it first to see if it's hot enough for your hair before setting the iron temperaature too high.

tenjoy

I dont have a sedu, but i just received my maxiglide MP on Friday. This is my first heat tool and Im in love!!!!!!!

After I shampoo/dc :

1) I applied the Fantasia IC heat protectant spray to dripping wet hair.
2) Air dried in 4 large twists
3) I set my Maxiglide on 5 (it goes to 10) and I spray each section with Fantasia IC before i ironed.

The maxiglide made my ends pin straight and the steam feature is the best! My hair/ends do not feel dry and I love it! Smooth and shiny.

I put my hair in 4 flexirods overnight to give it bump and soft curls (and I will no longer wrap my hair anymore). U I can do this every 2 weeks.

bbdgirl

I dont have a sedu, but i just received my maxiglide MP on Friday. This is my first heat tool and Im in love!!!!!!!

After I shampoo/dc :

3) I set my Maxiglide on 5 (it goes to 10) and I spray each section with Fantasia IC before i ironed.

The maxiglide made my ends pin straight and the steam feature is the best! My hair/ends do not feel dry and I love it! Smooth and shiny.

I put my hair in 4 flexirods overnight to give it bump and soft curls (and I will no longer wrap my hair anymore). U I can do this every 2 weeks.

I really like this method I am gonna have to bite your methods the next time I wash my hair!!:grin:

CHECKMATE!

After I shampoo/dc :

this sounds like a great method:yep: Does the IC leave your hair sticky/greasy or heavy?

tenjoy

this sounds like a great method:yep: Does the IC leave your hair sticky/greasy or heavy?

Nope not at all! I use the spray pump not the serum......but i think they are the same.

I prefer the pump spary because i get heavy handed with any and everything that i have to pour into my hand.

BTW: I didnt use a leavin conditioner either

Last edited:

CHECKMATE!

Nope not at all! I use the spray pump not the serum......but i think they are the same.

I prefer the pump spary because i get heavy handed with any and everything that i have to pour into my hand.

BTW: I didnt use a leavin conditioner either

ok,does it contain silicone?