Sedu Users: What Temp?

Tee

All the Sedu users:

What temperature setting is your Sedu set on? I don't want to over do it.

I really don't know what took me so long to get this flat iron. Well, yes I do. :ohwell: (the price tag)

I am so glad I finally purchased this tool! My hair is straight and sleek after just one 'swipe' of the flat iron. I only get these results from the salon. I am so excited.

*I only did one piece of hair since my hair is not fully dry from yesterday's wash. I will do my whole head of hair this weekend.

I will come back and add pics of the mini test.*:)
Here are the pics. Not sure if you can really tell the big difference from these.
100_1614.jpg

100_1612.jpg

Last edited:
When I'm going for the super straight look, I need to go pretty high (like around 360). I am usually at 320 though.

Thanks STLCoverGirl and MissEsq! I started at 320 and it was kinda straight but 360 on the other side made it bone straight!

Luv the pics, your hair looks smooth and shiny! I don't think you'll be disappointed in your purchase it's a great investment. I have had my Sedu for three years and I love it, my best purchase yet!!

Luv the pics, your hair looks smooth and shiny! I don't think you'll be disappointed in your purchase it's a great investment. I have had my Sedu for three years and I love it, my best purchase yet!!

Thanks StLCoverGirl. That one section that I did wit the Sedu had me sold. :yep: I soooo wanted to say, "This iron is no different than a iron half the price." Well if I said that, I would be telling a lie! I was really truly amazed at the difference in that ONE piece of hair.

Thanks so much for your reviews. You were one of the ladies who made me lean toward the Sedu. This iron makes my Maxiglide seem like a joke!:perplexed

gurl your hair's beautiful! i'm glad you finally came to your senses and got the best iron out there.:thumbsup: i usually have mine on the highest setting. the second highest will work too. i once put it on the lowest setting and my hair laughed at me.

gurl your hair's beautiful! i'm glad you finally came to your senses and got the best iron out there.:thumbsup: i usually have mine on the highest setting. the second highest will work too. i once put it on the lowest setting and my hair laughed at me.

There you go! Thanks for giving your review. I know this iron is your baby daddy!! So this thread would not have been complete with out the queen of sedu to come through! You and StLouisCoverGirl had me sold on this iron! You know I giggled at the bold. lol

Deejoy said:
I use the highest setting.
Thanks Deejoy.

To both Deejoy and CDiva, do you notice any burnt smell with it on the highest setting? That is the problem I had with my last flat iron. (you know what I mean) My hair smelled like that all day. (Not good.:()

Ladies, what heat protector are you using??? Biosilk, Chi, Fantasia (pink bottle), or other? TIA!

There you go! Thanks for giving your review. I know this iron is your baby daddy!! So this thread would not have been complete with out the queen of sedu to come through! You and StLouisCoverGirl had me sold on this iron! You know I giggled at the bold. lol

Thanks Deejoy.

To both Deejoy and CDiva, do you notice any burnt smell with it on the highest setting? That is the problem I had with my last flat iron. (you know what I mean) My hair smelled like that all day. (Not good.:()

Ladies, what heat protector are you using??? Biosilk, Chi, Fantasia (pink bottle), or other? TIA!

Naw I dont notice a smell. I use the pink bottle Fantasia straightening serum.

I also have a sedu and do not regret the purchase --it is a super flat iron that straightens in one pass and doesn't snag my hair.

For the past few months or so, I have been avoiding direct heat and so I have been a rollersetting and wrapping queen. But when I used my Sedu, I flat ironed midway between 160 and 180. I am not sure if this is celsius or fahrenheit, but my iron only goes up to 200. --HTH

I also have a sedu and do not regret the purchase --it is a super flat iron that straightens in one pass and doesn't snag my hair.

For the past few months or so, I have been avoiding direct heat and so I have been a rollersetting and wrapping queen. But when I used my Sedu, I flat ironed midway between 160 and 180. I am not sure if this is celsius or fahrenheit, but my iron only goes up to 200. --HTH

Thanks so much for the temps. I agree with the bold! That is when I KNEW I was not returning that body! I dont think I have been this excited about a hair tool yet.

I'm going through SEDU WITHDRAWAL! :spinning: I am on a no direct heat regimen thanks to my Big Sis Sugarose.

Back in my Sedu days (a couple weeks ago...:lol:), I was using it somewhere between 300-360. There's no smell. It even makes my color look more vibrant. I use Nexxus Heat Protexx. I have the CHI Silk Infusion which it seems a lot of ppl are using on this board. I may have to give it a try.

I had to bury my CHI when I got my Sedu. It's the greatest hair appliance I have ever had. My Sedu might be feeling neglected. I can't wait to get my hair strong and healthy so I can use it again!

I'm going through SEDU WITHDRAWAL! :spinning: I am on a no direct heat regimen thanks to my Big Sis Sugarose.

Back in my Sedu days (a couple weeks ago...:lol:), I was using it somewhere between 300-360. There's no smell. It even makes my color look more vibrant. I use Nexxus Heat Protexx. I have the CHI Silk Infusion which it seems a lot of ppl are using on this board. I may have to give it a try.

I had to bury my CHI when I got my Sedu. It's the greatest hair appliance I have ever had. (I AGREE!) My Sedu might be feeling neglected. I can't wait to get my hair strong and healthy so I can use it again!

Thanks so much for your info. The bold is great info to know! It was between the Chi and the Sedu for me at the end. The Sedu won out. I am glad to see you liked it better than your Chi. I can't wait to see your October reveal pictures. (use the Sedu for the special occasion!) ;)

Thanks so much for your info. The bold is great info to know! It was between the Chi and the Sedu for me at the end. The Sedu won out. I am glad to see you liked it better than your Chi. I can't wait to see your October reveal pictures. (use the Sedu for the special occasion!) ;)

You betta believe I will be using that bad boy in Oct! I will have to celebrate my Sedu reunion. :lol: I pray that I have made great progress by then.

SEDU...all the way!

T you and Mook are gonna make me make a siggy sign! :yep: I like yours!

***Runs out of thread to make a new siggy sign...***

SEDU...all the way!

T you and Mook are gonna make me make a siggy sign! :yep: I like yours!

***Runs out of thread to make a new siggy sign...***

PixelLady, I didn't know you were a sedu user! :up: What temp(s) are you using. I am judging from the replies of the ladies here that I will be pretty safe with 300 and up. I just dont want to burn out any hair. :perplexed

OT: Giggles. Aren't they just the cutest. My darn program crashed so I cant do anything. :nono: Mook hooked me up though! I just love my new siggy. (Now I will keep an eye out for your latest creation!);)

OT: Giggles. Aren't they just the cutest. My darn program crashed so I cant do anything. :nono: Mook hooked me up though! I just love my new siggy. (Now I will keep an eye out for your latest creation!);)

Tee, honestly, I'm not trying to hijack your thread. :lol: What program did you use to create your siggy before? I'm so intrigued now. I'm going to have to hunt Mook down.

Ladies, what heat protector are you using??? Biosilk, Chi, Fantasia (pink bottle), or other? TIA![/quote]

nope no burnt smell. actually i noticed that once though but it was because my hair was still kinda damp. i learned my lesson: MAKE SURE YOUR HAIR IS DRY COMPLETELY BEFORE FLATIRONING! My fave heat protectant is by Silk Elements (my hair comes out so light and has tons of movement). i use cream press if i want my hair to really behave but it gets more weighed down when i do that.

Back