Self-Relaxers --- Silky Smooth Salon Look??

Jazzy413

How do you achieve it after you've self-relaxed? I have been attempting to texlax the last 2 relaxers and though I love the thickness my hair has achieved, I do not think I am loving my hair right now. My hair tends to puff and frizz from even the slightest bit of humidity. I would like to continue to texlax, but I dont know that I will make it this time around. I am really missing my hair when I was salon relaxed, but I feel like I can achieve the same results myself, esp with the knowledge I have gained here on LHCF. HELP ME BEFORE I RETURN TO THE SALON CHAIR!!! :wallbash::wallbash:

**Disclaimer**There is nothing wrong with the salons, but I am enjoying the healthiness and thickness of my hair right now and have had too many stylists NOT take care of my hair. I would rather put my money to use by buying the products and tools to help ME achieve a better head of hair if I can. :yep:

ajoyfuljoy

rollerset then wrap? Doing your hair at home is something that you have to grow into. It took me over a year b/f I was able to get "salon results." Just hang in there, be patient and keep trying.

jasmin

The only time I get salon looking results were when I would use Keracare...hydrating shampoo and humecto. I would use it when I wear my hair down for special occasions. It was the only thing that worked everytime.

Last edited:

Jazzy413

B-U-M-P-I-N-G for more replies...I may have to try the Keracare...have always heard good results but never tried them. Rollersetting I def have to grow into, but think I need a good dryer -- I just dont have the Pibbs $$$ right now. LOL.

Arcadian

I don't texlax but I know a lot of ladies on here do. I think there's quite a few with roller set tutorials. I think also theres a wrap tutorial and saran wrap tutoral (Moncherieamore's I believe)

Hopefully you'll get more folks chiming in.

-A

bermudabeauty

For me I get a salon look by the way I flat iron my hair and what products I use on it when I flat Iron. I use Tressemee heat protector and use the flat iron. My hair has a lot of shine and bounce to it.

Platinum

I don't texlax but I know a lot of ladies on here do. I think there's quite a few with roller set tutorials. I think also theres a wrap tutorial and saran wrap tutoral (Moncherieamore's I believe)

Hopefully you'll get more folks chiming in.

-A

I've seen the Saran Wrap video.:yep: I'll have to try that!:look: