Self Relaxers -- Wrap or Set

Gia_981

I'm want to relax my hair, this will be my first time doing my own touch-up. For those who self relax, after relaxing how do you style your hair? Do you wrap or set (with or without heat)? I'm planning to use Motions mild oil relaxer (on the jar it said you should condition before neutralizing have you ever done that? Did it help you hair?)

Thanks,
G

lonei

I'm a self relaxer and I currently roller set under the hooded dryer using motions leavein. Air drying for me just defeats the whole purpose of my hair lookin fresh and straight. I then do a dry wrap and use oil sheen. Refer to the pictures in my album that are called doobie, this is how it turns out.

NAY007

I put my hair in two braids and let it air dry. I give my hair about a week to 1 1/2 weeks, where I do daily conditioner washes. Then I might blow dry my hair.

chocolate01

Back when I used heat I would blow-dry then flat iron and then wrap my hair dry..wet wraps never worked for me.

Truth

I wrap my hair when it's Wet...grease my scalp apply some oil to the ends.. sometimes i'll use Pantenes relaxed and natural setting lotion(after a fresh relaxer)..and wrap away (with a wide tooth comb)..smooth it around with my hands or a brush and let my hair air Dry

NAY007

Gia,

I forgot to answer the last part of your question. After rinsing out the relaxer I put Motions Oil Silk Protein Conditioner in my hair. Then after rinsing that out I use the neutralizing shampoo. My hair loves that Protein conditioner.