Self Relaxing ladies get in here...

rainbowknots

...and post your relaxer day regimen. I'm thinking about relaxing my own hair on my next touch up. I need tips and suggestions. I'm going to start doing heavy research (videos, old threads etc...) but I would like tips from you ladies also. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, please list all products you use. If you could post links to specific threads and videos that helped you out the most, that would help me out a lot too. Thanks in advance.

locabouthair

Get a shampoo hose form the BSS for like $4. It attaches to most faucets and its easy to put it on or take it off.

The hose really helped me rinse off all the relaxer properly.

prisytomboy

I use MBB and did a tutorial on how I do the half/half method http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMjrIeJsbXM

:bouncy: GREAT TUT VID!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to try that....I'm a self relaxer and the longer my hair gets the harder it is to relax. I'm post 7 weeks the monster is about to wake up....:fistshake:

Is it ok if I have questions about the process? I'll keep them at a mini. :crossfingers: :lachen:

Thanks again for the link!!!! I-N-F-O-R-M-A-T-I-O-N-A-L

kami11213

:bouncy: GREAT TUT VID!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to try that....I'm a self relaxer and the longer my hair gets the harder it is to relax. I'm post 7 weeks the monster is about to wake up....:fistshake:

Is it ok if I have questions about the process? I'll keep them at a mini. :crossfingers: :lachen:

Thanks again for the link!!!! I-N-F-O-R-M-A-T-I-O-N-A-L

LoL.... thanks lady I don't mind questions, hit me up anytime

brucebettye

Since I apply my relaxer and I am not always neat and careful with it I always put vasoline or any hair grease on my already relaxed hair so that I do not overlapp or over process my hair. Also I only relax my hair every six months.

complexsimplicity

Kami, I'm going to do it your way this week when I relax. When I relax using the half/half method, I do the front and then the back. When I relax the front first I have to move my hair forward to not get the back wet and that causes tangles. Doing one side and then the other opposed to front and back would cause less way less tangles.

rainbowknots

I remember reading in an old thread the one memeber gives herself an ACV rinse to help the neutralizing process. Does anyone know anything about this?

LongTimeComing

The thing that I've found helped on relaxer day was after I put on my relaxer, I rinse very well then put on protein condish for 10 min , then neutralize, then moisture condish. My hair was a lot less tangles than normal.

I used to neutralize right after and did my protein the week after.

I relax straight by the way.