Self-Relaxing Questions

ThinNnappy

Salon Relaxers make my hair soft, sliky and nice-BUT THIN AND LIMP
(they used affirm in all my experinces)

Box perms my mom used in the past ( she tryed them all) made my hair thick ...but poofy and alittle dry

So heres my questions

1. Comming from affirm with dry type hair what would be a good box relaxer to use, and what about lye and no lye-does it matter?

2.What extra does anyone do and what can you do to make the results look better or not poofy?

mblake8

Sisclick(sp?) Helped me out alot with self relaxing about a week ago
http://p069.ezboard.com/fblackbeauty...ID =587.topic
is the link she gave me to look at. I used Minzani Regular relaxer( i think its lye but i could be wrong) I mixed it will olive oil and followed the rules in link i gave u and it came out GREAT!. I will NEVER go to a stylist again!

ThinNnappy

I just researched (i didnt know lye and no lye) and found out that the no-lye is what i was using and it kept my hair thick, didnt straighten it that much and the Calcium Hydroxide was making my hair dry.-and the lye relaxers are making my hair too thin, but with out the calcium it leaves my hair soft and shiny and straighter. I guess my question should have been

1. If lye is to strong, can you go back to no-lye
2. What can you do to a no-lye relaxer to make your hair soft and shiny

Its like i can either have healthy, thick and dry hair (no-lye box relaxer)
Or soft shiny, thinning hair (lye)

Or find a way to make the no-lye get the results of a lye relxer...
Is that impossible?

ThinNnappy

mblake8 said:
Sisclick(sp?) Helped me out alot with self relaxing about a week ago
http://p069.ezboard.com/fblackbeauty...ID =587.topic
is the link she gave me to look at. I used Minzani Regular relaxer( i think its lye but i could be wrong) I mixed it will olive oil and followed the rules in link i gave u and it came out GREAT!. I will NEVER go to a stylist again!

Thanks:) do you swith from lye to no lye relaxers with out problem?