Setting your hair on rods...

Ms. Plain Jane

So I plan to do a rollerset this afternoon, but I will be using rods instead of magnetic rollers. This heat is becoming too much for me to handle and I need something that will (hopefully) last more than 2 or 3 days.

Question: do you use end papers when setting your hair on rods? If you do, do you put them on the roller or on your hair?

TIA!

I use the end papers to get a good spiral motion with the paper before it hits my hair, this way, the ends will be a complete curl vs 1/2 a turn. I have only set my dry hair and used a heat cap, pics in fotki. But, what is important is how you take them out. Carefully untwist them in a spirling motion to maintain the spiral curl. Good Luck.

Ms. Plain Jane

I use the end papers to get a good spiral motion with the paper before it hits my hair, this way, the ends will be a complete curl vs 1/2 a turn. I have only set my dry hair and used a heat cap, pics in fotki. But, what is important is how you take them out. Carefully untwist them in a spirling motion to maintain the spiral curl. Good Luck.

I saw your pics and your hair came out great... The only thing is I purchased the "Cold Wave Rods", not the one that you have in your pictures. Have you ever used the cold wave rods? Can the ones that you used be used with a hood dryer? Thanks!

balisi

Place the end papers on your hair before rolling it up. Both types of rods can go under the dryer.

Creatividual

I <3 cold wave rollers! I use them for my roller sets on dry hair or when I'm airdrying. I never knew you could sit underneath the dryer with them.:grin: I'm bad, I don't use the end papers. I'm just very careful when I'm unrolling them and dont experience any breakage.

Ms. Plain Jane

I <3 cold wave rollers! I use them for my roller sets on dry hair or when I'm airdrying. I never knew you could sit underneath the dryer with them.:grin: I'm bad, I don't use the end papers. I'm just very careful when I'm unrolling them and dont experience any breakage.

You use them on dry hair? Is your hair straight before you use them? How do yoyurcurls come out? Thanks!