sew in or glue in?

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
I want to get extensions for prom, and I called JC Penny's (The only place that I know of who does extensions.)

I called and asked if they do clips ins and they told me only do sew ins and glue ins.

I'm deathly scared of sew ins, because it looks like the process hurts, plus I don't want a head full of weave, but I'm scared of the glue.

I haven't gotten either one done though :look:

haah, can someone shed some insight on this please?

Xavier

I would say sew in since I have had bad experiences when I did the glue thing back in high school. But you have to be really careful taking out the string/thread, to make sure you don't cut your hair in the process. I would probably get someone to take it out for you instead of doing it buy yourself.

bravenewgirl87

Glue-In took out my cousin's hair. I had great experiences with sew in. They don't have to do a full head if you don't want them too.

Sewn in- hands down... Be careful with them though- my last one I lost a lot of hair. (In my fotki I have a picture of all of the hair I lost)

whosthatgurl

determined_to_grow said:
Sewn in- hands down... Be careful with them though- my last one I lost a lot of hair. (In my fotki I have a picture of all of the hair I lost)

in which album?? Sorry, I was trying to find it.

But thank you for y'alls responses.

caltron

DO NOT get the glue-in. Those can cause permanent damage to your own hair. Sew-in's are completely safe as long as they are not too tight.

MizAvalon

SEW-IN!!!! I always wore sew-ins back in my weave days and never lost hair. You just have to be careful when you're removing it.

Glue and fire belong nowhere near anyone's head! :nono:

queenspence

Some of my friends stay glued up and don't care about nothing but style. Me on the other hand, I hate glue to the fullest, it can easily tear your hair out. (Talking from previous experience in high school ) I never recommend glue under any circumstances.

sky_blu

Sew in! Though my co-worker swears glue in works just the same. But this is the same person that relaxes every 3-4 weeks and 4 weeks is pushing it to her :look:

Nella

Most definitely a sew in and be certain that its not done to tight. About three years ago I had a girl sew some in my hair and my sides looked like I rubbed all my hair off. As long as you don't get it braided to tight you will be fine.

The glue is harsh on your hair and I don't care what they say about glue removal shampoo you still lose alot of hair.

Good luck with whichever you decide!

whosthatgurl

Thank y'all soooo much for y'alls reponses. I really do appreciate it.

I'm sorry to have a lot of questions. . but i do :)

Uhm, one poster said that I don't have to have a full head, but which one do y'all suggest, half done (just the bottom for length) or a full sew in?

2. And how long could it stay in?

3. And can it be washed?

glamazon386

Get the sew in. You can wash it as often as you like just don't scrub too hard. Do it in the shower and detangle the hair from the bottom to the top under the stream of water with a shower comb. You'll be fine. Also, if you want some of your hair left out make sure it blends with the weave hair. The less hair you have out, the easier it will be.

angelk316

How about falls or quick weaves? I think thy are soo much better than sew in or glue in weaves. There are so many styles to choose from and they look more natural than sew in or glue in weaves.
It cheaper they range from $10.00 -$40.00. Plus you don't have to sit for hours or worry about if your track will show etc.
I wear them when I am going to special events or want a different look. People swear that its my real hair.

malachi74

I prefer sew-in BUT glue-in would prob be a lot cheaper. Also, it depends on what kind of style you are trying to end up with.

With sew-ins, just tell the stylist not to braid your hair too tight. The sewing in part shouldn't hurt at all if your own braids are not too tight to begin with.

If you are only wearing your 'do for the weekend, you should be ok with glue as long as you don't scratch or pull on your hair/weave and really soak it in babyoil or bond remover before you start to take the tracks out.

Namilani

Just say no to glue! MOF, I got a glue-in weave to go to my prom... It was after then I had breakage and started clipping it up all the time. It rips your hair out, damages the strands, and is hard to get out all of the way.