Sew in vs Quick weave - Summer Heat

leona2025

I wanna do a hide my hair type still. Noo really I wanna chop my hair into a cute bob, but I have a goal of full Wl so I can't and plus I enjoy my hair long at this point. I still want a short still. However being hot is not for me.

I had one quick weave in my life and I kept it only two days cause it was so hot. My question is is a sew-in cooler than a quick weave? How do you ladies deal with quick weaves and wigs when it's hot?

13StepsAhead

@AlliCat of course, but I'm assuming she's talking about the kind of quick weave that is glued on to your head.

ETA; I didn't even realize she mentioned wigs in the OP; then in that case I would opt for the wig because I can take it off when I see fit.

AlliCat

Ohh alright

leona2025 I am a huge fan of halfwigs...you can always take it off when you get home as opposed to being trapped in a sew in lol...but on the other hand I would imagine a sew in would be cooler especially if some of your hair is left out. I've only had 1 sew in in my life so hopefully someone more knowledgeable about them chimes in. But I'm team wig :)

leona2025

Bumping. I'm talking about the kind that is glued on and I'm not really one for wigs. They don't fit my head. I'm just trying to see how folks deal with them being so hot.

ManeStreet

Half wig all the way. You can get to your scalp and hair pronto as needed, you can change up your look, its less expensive.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Bumping. I'm talking about the kind that is glued on and I'm not really one for wigs. They don't fit my head. I'm just trying to see how folks deal with them being so hot.

Gluing in tracks is not ideal for the summer time as the glue is water soluble. If you perspire enough or get your head wet, the tracks will shift or fall out. They aren't "hot" but with any addition, there is a noticeable difference of weight.

If you don't like the heat, I wouldn't advise it and suggest you consider a different type of protective styling.

RubyWoo

sew in

I had a sew-in for most of last summer and my scalp felt fine. It didn't feel hot at all.

RubyWoo

sew in

I had a sew-in for most of last summer and my scalp felt fine. It didn't feel hot at all.

JJamiah

I wear my wigs in the Summer of course braided with a Beehive under it. I find the Human hair more cooler than the Synthetic and I exercise in it. No issues!

I wear short hair styles in the summer.

leona2025

Thanks ladies. I'm thinking of getting a sew in bob. Maybe about shoulder length or a little shorter.