Sew-in Weave Challenge, anyone?

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I'm interested in doing a sew-in challenge, anyone else?
I did a search and couldn't find one but I know the app search feature isn't always the best.

What would be the difference bwtn this and the hide your hair challenge? Ive been rocking a wig sewn down for a week or two then take off and wash my braids. Would this count? Im apprehensive about a real sew in bc I cant find any good hair.

Hmmm I guess there isn't much difference huh? Same principle, slightly different method. Guess I'll look for the hide your hair thread

Point me to some good hair and ill be down! Lol...there would be some differences I suppose...it might be worth starting

I think it's worth it! I'm getting a sew-in sometime in August or September. Also, I agree with the poster above. Point me to some good hair! I'm a weave newbie. :)

This would be good for me as i'm trying to get to MBL by Dec. I've always retained the most growth and got great thickness from weaves. I'll install in September/October.

Rocky91 I'm interested. I planning to get my install in August and I'm going to be in sew-ins back to back for at least a year. This will be a good challenge to keep me on track :yep:

ikandi87 i'm a cheapie and i don't work out so it's nothing expensive i know it wont be. I haven't decided yet but when i do i'll let y'all know.

ikandi87 I bought the ONYC tight kinky curly in 14". I'm natural 4b/c and I wanted something to match my hair, so I won't have to use any heat and need only low manipulation to blend my leave out. My stylist recommended this hair, even though it's on the pricey side she said it lasts for several installs for her other clients.

I MIGHT participate! I think the sew in big May have bit me... My stylist is just kinda expensive when it comes to see ins, so I need to see how my pockets feel about this kind of challenge lol.

I've been thinking about a 6 month protective style challenge using weaves for 2 month periods and then some other style in between...

Hmmmmm...

ikandi87 I bought the ONYC tight kinky curly in 14". I'm natural 4b/c and I wanted something to match my hair, so I won't have to use any heat and need only low manipulation to blend my leave out. My stylist recommended this hair, even though it's on the pricey side she said it lasts for several installs for her other clients.

Yes Ive had my eye on that hair for years but I just cant spend that much money even tho I know its worth it...

If I can find some hair before the semester starts im in!

Hmmm I guess there isn't much difference huh? Same principle, slightly different method. Guess I'll look for the hide your hair thread

I want to give sew ins another try. I'm tired of wigs and the lady that does my crochet braids is on medical leave until the end of October. Box braids, kinky twist, and Senegalese twist are too heavy for me.

I think it's ok to have a separate weave challenge. There's a wig challenge and a twist/braid/bun challenge . So why not?
I'm down.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

So should I make a separate thread or we could just use this one?

ImanAdero, your plan sounds similar to mine! I don't wanna see my hair again until APL. I'm at layered neck length right now.

Hmmmm, i'm thinking you could make an official challenge and list the rule(s) if there are any and challengers.

Im down!! :Yep:

Currently in my 2nd week of a Peruvian deep wave sew-in. Its just BSS hair but I love it. Im taking this down at the end of September, having a short break and then back up again. If the challenge includes a LC, I'd have to wait until then.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Im down!! :Yep:

Currently in my 2nd week of a Peruvian deep wave sew-in. Its just BSS hair but I love it. Im taking this down at the end of September, having a short break and then back up again. If the challenge includes a LC, I'd have to wait until then.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Deets please! What brand, inches, price? Thanx

I havent had a sew in since 2010 ..
But I want one in August.

I'll join. I just need to locate some hair and make my appointment.

Do yall use nets?

I don't like how I cannot properly access my hair with a net.

Do yall use nets?

I don't like how I cannot properly access my hair with a net.

I never had a problem but all net caps are not made the same. I use the cap with "wide mesh" or bigger holes that looks like fishnet stockings. Its very soft and doesnt irritate or suffocate.

Im in guys! Instead of buying new hair im just gonna dismantle this wig and boil the hair to kinky curly. *fingers crossed* I wont install til the middle of the month. I want it fresh for school!

Im kinda excited now. This wil be my first challenge.

Im curious to know whether yall will have leave out, your braid pattern, how you moisturize etc

I'm down! Has anyone ever ordered hair from aliexpress?

I have several times. You should look elsewhere or be prepared to do alot of research and possibly be disappointed.

I am wearing some right now but its bad...ill be boiling it to kinky curly.

There is a yt who gets free hair to review but doesn't disclose this. Her reviews are very misleading. PM me if u wanna know who she is.

Last edited:
Im in guys! Instead of buying new hair im just gonna dismantle this wig and boil the hair to kinky curly. *fingers crossed* I wont install til the middle of the month. I want it fresh for school! Im kinda excited now. This wil be my first challenge. Im curious to know whether yall will have leave out, your braid pattern, how you moisturize etc

For my next see in I'll most likely have SOME leave out. Probably front perimeter and a place where I can part my hair.

Deets please! What brand, inches, price? Thanx

ikandi87

I have the Sensationnell bare & natural Peruvian deep wave in 16, 18 & 20 with a 12 inch lace closure. The closure is the same brand and cost $30.

It comes in a multipack (what I have) or you can get the individual packs of each length. The multipack was $130 and there was enough to cover my head nicely with some left over

I LOVE this HHJ!!

ETA: I posted a pic in the APL/BSL challenge

Last edited:
Hey ladies, I am going to make a new thread to be official. It will be titled "Sew-in Challenge 2014-2015." I am doing 6 months, and may extend to 9. See you guys over there.

Marking my spot. Will put in a new sew-in late august early sept. Fresh for fall. Im taking a 2 mo break after being in a sew-in back to back for one year. I had great length retention. Used the same hair for a year and bleached it 2x.:blush: Could probably re-use it, but I want the hair to be a little longer this time. :grin: For those that are interested, I used lace xclusive virgin indian. I will be using the same hair brand and type again this time around as well.

Back