Shampoo bars

Dolapo

Im thinking of trying shampoo bars....the natural ones. Does anyone use this to poo regularly? how do you like it and where do you buy it from? Thanks!

longhairgoal

I used the Burt's Bees one once. I didn't like the way it smelled. Wasn't very pleasant. It was awhile back, but I think it worked okay. I probably wouldn't buy it again, though.

Shatani

i like the pookeylou bar, the original creator is not necessarily the best place to order it now.....but i think you can get it at soapetc.com i think they call it the tiffany bar.....i only got a sample but it was marvelous!!! my hair felt clean AND moisturizer....i didnt even have to condition if i didnt want to, it was THAT soft....

i also hear good things about oyin's grand poo bar.....

monister

Shatani said:
i like the pookeylou bar, the original creator is not necessarily the best place to order it now.....but i think you can get it at soapetc.com i think they call it the tiffany bar.....i only got a sample but it was marvelous!!! my hair felt clean AND moisturizer....i didnt even have to condition if i didnt want to, it was THAT soft....

i also hear good things about oyin's grand poo bar.....
what do u mean by the original creator is not the best place to order it now?

monister

gn1g

Ms. Sue use to make them but she doesn't anymore. They are all natural and I have two if you want one I will send you one if you pay the postage. They are huge. Also they leave my hair feeling like the cream of nature shampoo. They are very rich and a deep deep yellow. I don't remember the ingredients but all of her products are all natural.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I used a great one from Lush a few years ago. It's great for traveling, doesn't spill anywhere!
It's called Trichomania.
Unfortunately it contains sodium lauryl sulfate that is supposed to be bad, but my hair is buttery soft from it.

Netta1

I made my own shampoo and body bar, check it out in my hobbies section of my album. Its not that hard to make your own soap or poo bar, you just gotta have the right measurements.

Shatani

gn1g said:
Ms. Sue use to make them but she doesn't anymore. They are all natural and I have two if you want one I will send you one if you pay the postage. They are huge. Also they leave my hair feeling like the cream of nature shampoo. They are very rich and a deep deep yellow. I don't remember the ingredients but all of her products are all natural.
oooh!!! i want one!!! i'll pay the postage!!! me! me!

lsubabiedee

Shatani said:
i like the pookeylou bar, the original creator is not necessarily the best place to order it now

yeah, i got my bars from crabapple soap last year and they work great! the name of the bars has been changed and i don't know if the lady has worked out her problems that she was having at the company, so i wouldn't recommend ordering from her unless she's resolved her issues

Dolapo

lsubabiedee said:
yeah, i got my bars from crabapple soap last year and they work great! the name of the bars has been changed and i don't know if the lady has worked out her problems that she was having at the company, so i wouldn't recommend ordering from her unless she's resolved her issues
which ones did you get? how did you like them? i want a tingling one. yes, i think im having a fixation with tingling products :lol:

gn1g

Dolapo said:
which ones did you get? how did you like them? i want a tingling one. yes, i think im having a fixation with tingling products :lol:
Me too I love biotin conditioner by natures gate it's awesome and extremely tingly. Nexxus tea tree is also good.

LABETT

I bought one from GNC the man you suggested it to me said it was very popular forgot the brand but it was horrible on my hair made it hard as a brick.

mkh_77

I like the Burt's Bees baby shampoo bar and I have been using Kirk's Castille bar soap as a shampoo, too. Kirk's gives a great lather and left my hair feeling very clean. I only had to later up once. Plus, I think Kirk's has about 4 or 5 ingredients, so I know there isn't a bunch of stuff I don't want in it. Lastly, it's only $.75 at Publix.

Peachtree

I'm interested in shampoo bars also. I've seen the Bert's Bee one... reminding myself to stay away from that one!!

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
mkh_77 said:
I like the Burt's Bees baby shampoo bar and I have been using Kirk's Castille bar soap as a shampoo, too. Kirk's gives a great lather and left my hair feeling very clean. I only had to later up once. Plus, I think Kirk's has about 4 or 5 ingredients, so I know there isn't a bunch of stuff I don't want in it. Lastly, it's only $.75 at Publix.

Me too. I bought some last year and made a body wash/shampoo out of it. I also added some peppermint oil to give some tingle when I wash my hair. I paid $0.89 for Kirk's at Kroger. I'm going to probably get 2 more bars of that soap. Oh, I used it on my hair when I was little, and it made my hair soft and clean.

BC

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
Dolapo said:
one of the ingredients is soap of coconut.....what is that? is that like an artifical product? :ohwell:

I believe it is defatted coconut oil added with other natural ingredients. This IS the real thing.

BC