Share pics of your heat-trained hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynnerie

Hey Ladies,

There's been a lot of talk about heat-training lately and I would like to see your pics or links to blogs/youtube of trained hair.

Soooo if you have successfully loosened your curl pattern please share your pics and tell us your starting hair type.

Let's keep this thread nice so no talk about damaged hair because what works for one may not work for someone else.

Chrissmiss

Are u looking for straighten pics or natural pics? I guess I'm confused. But this show be a interesting thread.

I think what she is looking for is pics of wet or airdryed "heat trained" hair. I am transitioning and I'm currently 8.5 months post. I plan on wearing my natural hair straight at least 50% of the time and I anticipate a loosening of my texture . I think this is the best option for me considering my hair length goals and style preferences. So I am intrested in seeing pics also. I blowdry and flatiorn my hair every 2 week between protective styles (I'm in crochet braids now). I have about 4 inches of new growth but no loosening of my texture just yet.

Tiye

Are u looking for straighten pics or natural pics? I guess I'm confused. But this show be a interesting thread.

I think people might end up bored or disappointed. Heat trained hair is still your hair with a little less shrinkage (and I do mean very little) and a little more manageability. In other words the difference is subtle and really only something that the person who owns the head of hair and maybe her stylist will notice. It's not the sort of thing that will create internet buzz unless your hair did that before it was heat trained.

Detroit2Dallas

I think people might end up bored or disappointed. Heat trained hair is still your hair with a little less shrinkage (and I do mean very little) and a little more manageability. In other words the difference is subtle and really only something that the person who owns the head of hair and maybe her stylist will notice. It's not the sort of thing that will create internet buzz unless your hair did that before it was heat trained.
interesting because of all the anti heat trained natural threads poppin up:lol: not because of the pics. I dont think your going to get very many responses because of all the negativity that surrounds HTNs

HauteHippie

I'd like to see some pics! Here's a pic from my first "session" in... August? I think August.

It's still pretty puffy (but I like puffy most of the time!) and I only did part of my hair. Got lazy. It straightened more easily last time and got straighter. I'll take good pics next time I straighten.

Lynnerie

It could be natural or straightened pics. I would really like to see the loosened curl pattern but I love hair pics so it doesn't matter

Lynnerie

interesting because of all the anti heat trained natural threads poppin up:lol: not because of the pics. I dont think your going to get very many responses because of all the negativity that surrounds HTNs

I was thinking this too. But I don't see why it should be negative. Your hair is your hair and people should be able to do what they want with it and what makes their journey easiest. I've been relaxed, texlaxed, and now I'm natural. I do what works for me.

JFK

^LOL. That's Longhairdontcare2011 on youtube. She heat trains her hair. The poster was just giving an example.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

Exactly. I think my hair is heat trained to a certain extent but it still shrinks to high heavens. There's no straighten pieces or anything. It's just easier to blowdry and easier to flat-iron than the very first time I tried to straighten my natural hair.

I haven't taken any recent pics of wet hair or shrunken hair, but here's the latest one (taken January of last year) of my wet/damp hair after washing it. I'm stretching a piece of hair in the front:

Here's the last time I ever wore my natural hair in it's shrunken state which was July of last year:

Lynnerie

Pooh Bear your hair is sooo pretty! I really like your curls and I'm interested in "training" my hair so I can get it straighter easier without sacrificing my texture. I just hate that it takes 6 hours to blowdry and flat iron.

Poohbear

Pooh Bear your hair is sooo pretty! I really like your curls and I'm interested in "training" my hair so I can get it straighter easier without sacrificing my texture. I just hate that it takes 6 hours to blowdry and flat iron.

Thank you. I can't believe it takes you 6 hours! That's a long time. It only takes me anywhere from 1.5 to 2 hours to wash, condition, detangle, blowdry, and flat-iron.

Lynnerie

Thank you. I can't believe it takes you 6 hours! That's a long time. It only takes me anywhere from 1.5 to 2 hours to wash, condition, detangle, blowdry, and flat-iron.

I think its because my hair takes forever to detangle and its very dense. Sometimes I start blowdrying and I just give up and rewet it cause its frustrating. :sad:

Poohbear

I think its because my hair takes forever to detangle and its very dense. Sometimes I start blowdrying and I just give up and rewet it cause its frustrating. :sad:

My hair is very dense too. The only way I can detangle is if my hair is SOAKING WET and SATURATED with water in the shower. I can't detangle with just conditioner and/or oil like a lot of ladies do. I use a Goody Ouchless Brush to detangle sections of my hair under running water from the showerhead. I squeeze excess water from my hair, and when I get out of the shower I put my hair in about 8 loosely twisted sections before blowdrying. Before blowdrying a section, I unravel, apply Mane N Tail Conditioner, comb thru, then blowdry on high with a brush attachment.

Fine 4s

I'm not sure if my pic 'fits' in this topic since my heat trained hair wasn't done intentionally if that's part of the definition. [stop here if it is]

If not, here's my pic of heat trained hair when I was getting my hair straightened every 2 weeks sometimes with the marcel and sometimes via blowdryer. My curls were loser [more on the stringy side], my hair thinner among other characteristics...

Please see page 5 of this post. (sorry my pic is on my home 'puter)

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...eat-training-how-does-differ-heat-damage.html

Lynnerie

I'm not sure if my pic 'fits' in this topic since my heat trained hair wasn't done intentionally if that's part of the definition. [stop here if it is]

If not, here's my pic of heat trained hair when I was getting my hair straightened every 2 weeks sometimes with the marcel and sometimes via blowdryer. My curls were loser [more on the stringy side], my hair thinner among other characteristics...

Please see page 5 of this post. (sorry my pic is on my home 'puter)

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...eat-training-how-does-differ-heat-damage.html

Thanks for the pic. Were you able to wear a wash n go?

jennboo

Hey guys!

So this is my hair before heat damaging/training:

And this is my hair after heat damaging/training for about 7 months:

And this is my heat damaged/trained hair after a blow out...it took about 4 minutes to get it straight like this, thank gd for heat damaging/training!

Poohbear

^^^ :rofl: You're a mess jennboo!

How did you get the heat training to change your skin color as well? :lol: Did you use some type of skin training cream? :lachen:

jennboo

^^^ :rofl: You're a mess jennboo!

How did you get the heat training to change your skin color as well? :lol: Did you use some type of skin training cream? :lachen:

Girl!!!! I gots me that combination hair training, skin training, hair lightening flat iron! That thing works wonders!!! So glad i purchased it.

Last edited:

LuvlyRain3

Hey guys!

So this is my hair before heat damaging/training:

And this is my hair after heat damaging/training for about 7 months:

And this is my heat damaged/trained hair after a blow out...it took about 4 minutes to get it straight like this, thank gd for heat damaging/training!

This right here is all types trife :lachen: *dead*

qchelle

Jennboo, you are sooo wrong! :lachen: :lachen:

Aye! I came up in this here thread to see some pics! I only see like 2! Where da pics?! Give me pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.