She burned my scalp with a blowdryer LOL

hillytmj

I'm sorry this happened to you, Boston Maria. I started a similar thread last week after going to a salon and feeling like, "why did I just waste 5 hours of my life to have my hair tortured for $54?" I'm so over the salon too.

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous and healthy, so although that lady was crazy, your hard work and devotion to hair care has surely preserved your tresses from that harsh treatment. And you didn't deserve that outcome; there's nothing illogical or wrong about wanting to treat yourself to good service.

I agree...don't ever go back to that lady!

PPGbubbles

Man O Man... hell may freeze over B4 I step foot in a beauticians chair!

Any whoo! ur hair is absolutely beautiful :) great progress!

I jus that the lawd this story didnt end with a set back! that woulda been too much to handle

hillytmj

I haven't been to this woman in 2 years. Back then I had two textures going on and my hair was close to APL so I thought I could trust her. I'd rather let my grandbaby do my hair. At least when Leilany beats me with a brush she does it with love.

LOL, :lachen:. That's too funny that the grandbaby gets more love than the stylist.

BostonMaria

Man O Man... hell may freeze over B4 I step foot in a beauticians chair!

Any whoo! ur hair is absolutely beautiful :) great progress!

I jus that the lawd this story didnt end with a set back! that woulda been too much to handle

Oh heck no!!! I would've been writing this post from jail if that were the case! :nono::lachen:

anon123

Scabs from a blow dryer?! How hot is that thing?! :burning: I bet it was smoking and she was like "that's just the product steaming". :nono: Your hair looks great, but it looks great when you do it. You totally did not need that.

BostonMaria

Scabs from a blow dryer?! How hot is that thing?! :burning: I bet it was smoking and she was like "that's just the product steaming". :nono: Your hair looks great, but it looks great when you do it. You totally did not need that.

She used the round brush and blow dryer and pressed the damn thing too close to my scalp. She was in one section way too long and way too close. Yes there was smoke everywhere. I felt like the Heat Miser.

Irresistible

Dang to have a burn from a blow dryer that formed a scab, that's ABUSE!

Did you hollar when it happened? That had to hurt bad!

but your hair does look gorgeous, although your right not much difference, so no point in subjecting yourself to a possible set back, I hope you dont lose your hair in that spot :nono:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I wonder it she burned you on purpose because you broke out and started detangling yourself,lol. Anyway nice progress....

Miss AJ

Miss Maria, i'm gonna need you to step away from ANY potential set backs cuz I would hate to give you an e-beating for letting someone mess up all that pretty hair you got!!

beans4reezy

Your hair looks great BostonMaria. I still don't understand the whole rat tail comb thing; wouldn't common sense tell you that such an itty bitty comb cannot possibly detangle all of that hair??

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
What is this witch's name?! I need to tell her some thangs!!!!!

Your hair is gorgeous but no more stylists for you!!!!

goodmorningruby

:nono: Seriously, some people do not understand the concept of gentle treatment. I sympathize for your experience, but it could have been worse. Your hair looks gorgeous.

SmartyPants

I'm just glad she was dealing with you and not one of our more wimpy members. At least you had the wherewithal to stop her from raking that fine toothed comb through your hair.

~~HoneyComb~~

I'm so sorry for your experience BostonM.

A scalp burn is serious from a blow-dryer--what setting did she use?? The "Hot As Hayell" setting??!!

I don't go to salons, it's just not worth it--yeah, there are days when I'm lazy and would love to have someone else to my hair, but I know that no one will take the time and attention to make sure my hair is healthy except me.

Aggie

Awwww BM, I'm sorry this mishap happened to you but then again if it didn't, you might end up going to someone who would totally destroy your hair.

This experience have saved a lot of it this time and by the sound of your post, it doesn't appear as if you will be going to a salon again. Good for you because you are already doing an awesome job on your hair.

Thank God it was not worse than this and you still got to walk away with hair still on your head. Some folks are not so lucky:nono:.

sharifeh

Your hair looks great BostonMaria. I still don't understand the whole rat tail comb thing; wouldn't common sense tell you that such an itty bitty comb cannot possibly detangle all of that hair??

yes but they are just lazy as hell!!!
:rolleyes:

they don't even comb your hair with the itty bitty comb they practically beat your head with it and yank!!! :nono:

But my blowouts always come out looking so fly :look:

What a dilemma lol

Highly Favored8

Your progress is wonderful. Over the summer when I went home I went to a Dominican Salon and the lady blow dried my hair and that mess was hot. She said " when it feels hot it means you scalp is healthy". I was like get out of here.

bellebebe

Girl, I understand. It also happened to me when I use to get Dominican blowouts. It made my hair pretty but my scalp and hair were hurting. When I found out about that BKT, I said goodbye to all of that.

ladytee2

I wonder it she burned you on purpose because you broke out and started detangling yourself,lol. Anyway nice progress....

I was just thinking she probably burned you on purpose. Your hair is beautiful. If I could straighten my hair like you I wouldnt go to a stylist either.

Rei

what the hell is with salons using rattail combs to detangle

I just DONT get it.

THIS x 10000

I seriously don't get it. It's actually MORE work for them than to just use a larger comb. I don't deal with that mess anymore. The last time a stylist tried that -ish with me, I told her I had somewhere to be, paid her for half the wash service and left. The stylist I go to now is natural, and although she's a bit too liberal with the pressing comb, she has two children who are natural WSL and has to detangle their hair all the time, so she handles my CBL hair easily. :yep: