this "woman" burned my scalp

queensgyal

this \"woman\" burned my scalp

this is ridiculous i get burned every single time i go to my hairdresser, she doesn't base me and even when i did get based i still got burned.last friday i got burned to my fullest
my eyes were tearing and it felt like fire on my head. not only did it burn
, but right after she rinses off the relaxer, she put some vinegar shampoo mix
(i dunno whats really in it) that kills me.. and she siad that it would help to clean the burn, but it kills me when she doesnt that. she gave me a towel to cover my face because it hurts so bad. She also said that if a black person ever did my hair, i would start burning before the relaxer ever started working (she's Dominican). She's not a stylist, but my hair does looks good after its done- and all the girls are jealous- but im still scabbed up and and my head is hard as rock because of scabs...so tell me ladies what should i do???

Nubianrose

Re: this \"woman\" burned my scalp

Lawd Jesus- you need to 1. base your scalp before going to her next time 2. telll the hairdresser to start as far away from the scalp as possible 3. switch hairdressers perhaps 4. not manipulate your scalp

hope this helps
Ms. Nubianrose

Leshia

Good grief!!!! THIS is why I relax at home. Good looking hair now, may cause it to fall out in the future. I can't see how all that burning can be conducive to a healthy scalp and healthy hair. I would not allow her to continue to do that.

AJamericanDiva

Also adding to what the others said, be sure that your scalp doesn't get wet within 48 hours of getting the relaxer or it will also irritate your scalp.

moneychaser

Girl, you have me crying over here

No disrespect to your stylist or anything, but you need to take control of this situation
. I agree with Nubianrose, you should ALWAYS base your scalp before you recieve a touch-up service, your stylist should know this, please demand this next time or do this yourself.
Your scalp shouldn't be hard, and you shouldn't have any scabs if she's apply the relaxer correctly. SCALP ONLY!
I strongly recommend that you don't go to her for another relaxer. If she styles your hair so bangin, could you consider a self-relaxer, then going to her for a style (next day).
What type of relaxer does she use, it may be too strong?
In the past I have used aloe vera gel to heal scabs, FAST.

HTH

You should find someone else to do your hair..and base your scalp yourself before going to any stylist (especially a new one). I would wait some time before relaxing again..give your scalp a chance to heal. Do some deep conditioning, hot oil treatments, etc. When I used to get relaxer burns I would heat up a bit of olive oil and gently massage the areas with the scabs..that seemed to help.

miss_brown

I feel horrible for you. Please do not go to this woman again. It really sounds like she is ruining your scalp. When I was permed and got scalp burns, I used to rub Vitamin E oil on them and for the most part avoid manipulating my scalp until it healed. Maybe you should give it a try. Good luck.

And by the way, this "woman" needs to be good at what she is doing to your black scalp before she makes such comments about black stylists.

coilygirl

oooh. I agree with everyone; switch salons.
I remember that pain. Ouch.

I hope you feel better soon
coilygirl.

aqualung

[ QUOTE ]
queensgyal said:
she gave me a towel to cover my face because it hurts so bad. She also said that if a black person ever did my hair, i would start burning before the relaxer ever started working (she's Dominican).

[/ QUOTE ]

You should put Neosporin on the scalp burns to make them heal faster without infection.

It's probably a better policy to go to Dominican salons for (cheap) washing and rollersetting, but a BLACK salon for chemical treatments.

Don't go back to her. Ever. She's burned you several times already. She will continue to burn you as long as you pay her.

You sound very young, but it's never too soon to take responsibility for your own hair care. Search this board and the salon board for recommendations by ladies in your area as far as good Dominican salons and responsible stylists at black salons that do consistently good relaxers.

PrincessM

That's so horrible
... I've been there before
get someone who will be GENTLE with your hair/scalp.

I don't care how good your hair looks afterwards--not trying to scare you but she is going to destroy your scalp and you will have NO HAIR in certain places. Do you see those girls with bald hairlines? For some its a result of pulling in that area (braids, etc.) but for others, its because the hair follicle is now dead due to chemical burns.

Like everyone said, base the scalp yourself before you visit the NEW stylist who will be doing your hair.

Ditto on the Neosporin.

quitestorm22

Maybe you should oil your scalp with olive oil everyday for at least 3 days before your perm, this should cut down on the burning.

adrienne0914

you need to FIND A NEW STYLIST!!! one day that is gonna cause some permanent damage!! i'm sorry, but you could do what she does your damn self and for free!!

i don't care whether it's burning or not. i start "performing" as they reach the middle of my head. by the time they get to the front, we're on our way to rinse it out. i'm not tryna punish my hair, just relax the curl. that is just ridiculous!!!

i didn't read the other responses yet. so i don't know if hydrocortisone was already suggested for your scalp. it needs something though!!!

AFashionSlave

[ QUOTE ]
perfectpeace said:
I don't care how good your hair looks afterwards--not trying to scare you but she is going to destroy your scalp and you will have NO HAIR in certain places. Do you see those girls with bald hairlines? For some its a result of pulling in that area (braids, etc.) but for others, its because the hair follicle is now dead due to chemical burns.

Like everyone said, base the scalp yourself before you visit the NEW stylist who will be doing your hair.

Ditto on the Neosporin.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right on the money! I received severe bald spots from my last relaxer in 1997. My last bald spot finally filled in a couple of months ago. I'VE HAD THE BALD SPOT FOR 6 YEARS!

I posted pics of my bald spot growth in my album. They are under bad hair day pics. You should take a look at it if you would like to see how your hair will end up if you continue to fry your scalp for the sake of beauty.

melodee

Girl,
1. STOP going there. Try out a new salon, it can't hurt since you've had such poor experices so far.

2. See a dermatologist,preferably one who has experience with your hair type. You may have a sensitive scalp or some issue that causes you to burn more readily, as I do. Your Dr. can give you some meds to remedy it.

3. Try to take a break from relaxers. Gets braids for a few months or transition for a while. At least try to stretch out your touch up times.

Take my advice, I burn easily and know hoe you feel!

firecracker

I think what Ms. Kenesha said about going for the cheap wash and set at the Domincian shop and chemical treatment with AA was on the money. While living in New York, I had the same experience with relaxer burns and the lady blaming it on everything but not prepping my scalp and not rinsing long enough.....After that it was shampoo and set only. My hair was so messed up one time after the perm that one side of my hair was stuck to my scalp and started to shed. Run from that ***** as fast as you can!!! Who needs the grief!!!

firecracker

Supergirl, performing wasn't the word. Honey, I almost got arrested up in Marianna's in the Bronx on The Grand Concourse just past Fordham RD. Ester was the *****'s name. I have to put them on blast!!!!! Marianna the owner knows what she's doing.