She cannot touch my hair!!!

Her? NO MA'AM!

She just cut her length. Instead she should have tried to work with the length and her face shape. Does that mean someone with an oval face has to wear their hair that way.

I didn't buy that the woman liked it either. What happens when it grows out again? Cut it? She wanted something easy and the way her hair was before looked pretty easy to me.

"her curls were so tight, there was nothing I could do with it"? ok, next. It doesn't even look like she used any heat protector on her hair. She just set the poor lady back.

"Celebrity hairstylist Shirlena Allen knows a thing or two about curly coifs "

Why? Because she's Black and probably does predominantly Black heads of hair?

LOL! This will sound mean....I don't care. I can look at her and tell that I wouldn't let her near my head.

The first video was uhhh....yea I too would not let that lady touch let alone cut my hair.

I found it strange that white guy in the second video cut the black girls natural hair wet (and made her look so beautiful and took into consideration she may wear her hair in a curly state) and the black woman didn't even know how to work with natural hair, she had to put heat on it because her hair was so tight and kink, "there was nothing she could do with it, so she decided to straighten it". WTF! lol

Don't black, mixed and white girls at the Diva Curls salon do "Diva Cuts" on dry curly hair?!? No excuse if your a stylist. She should have not touched that ladies hair.

Shame!

Chez did a great job! Her curls look very soft, bouncy, and feminine. I love the look. He's right, the straight hair was pulling her features down, instead of uplifting.

I'm so glad LHCF is here. I hope more ladies find it, so that they don't swallow the whole "can't do anything with my natural hair" pill. ITA Her hair and her overall look was better in the first picture.

I would let chaz touch my hair but not that lady and what she said about her hair being to kinky she can't do anything with it, she need to become a member on this or some other hair board learn what to do with kinky hair.

I'm sorry but, with the horrible weave she had on, in addition to the way she talked about her hair being "unmanageable", I knew this was going to be a disastuh :nono:. And she didn't even completely straighten the woman's hair out....how did she even know if she was cutting it evenly :yawn:

...Her voice drained me...like Lalah Ali only worse...not even going to start on her NON-Hair skills...Ugh!

^^ Yeah that female stylist looked like she had a few drinks before she got started. I thought she did ok but I wasn't wowed or anything. I don't see much difference in the woman's hair - other than that it's a lot shorter. Big whoop.

lawd the first stylist seemed bored and had no passion
it was a total monotone, no inflection or excitement

Hmmm. Curly hair does NOT have to be straightened for cutting. And what is with using a hot comb with NO temperature control? The "stylist" admitted that the client's hair was so curly that she did not know how to handle it.

What makes this woman an expert on curly hair cuts? She just cut off a ton of that woman's length. Hopefully she has no heat damage.

It's best to cut curly hair when it's curly. I straigthen my hair for cutting to even up the ends since I alternate between straight and curly. I like blunt ends on my straigtht styles. If I wore curly hair more often, I would not straighten my hair for cutting since nobody would really see the blunt ends.

Last edited:
I'm, SORRY but you can TELL first lady wasn't "really" happy with her cut.

Lady could have washed her hair and left it to coil around her face and have a bit more length/halo effect. She totally snipped it. "Couldn't do anything with it" my foot.

SMH! The stylist is so sleepy sounding... and the fro she gave her was just shorter hair. Even her ends looked better before.

It's funny how you can see the difference in the reactions of the women after the reveals. The 1st lady said she loved it, but her vocal tone said different--I was thinking "why are you lying?!". The 2nd woman's reaction, OTOH, was more honest--you can tell she was beyond pleased with the result.

^^^ Yup. In the previous is was as if she thought "Yikes, natural hair". In fact I think I recall her saying as much.

Back