This Style is Fiyah! Chain Braid Bun

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen

Help! I want to do this style, but the directions don't make sense :nono: You don't know how much time I've spent admiring this bun and looking at the directions.

How to style:

On clean hair, section out your hair for the bun then proceed to creating parts for braiding portions.
Section a thin part applying gel into a square section securing with a rubber band and continue until section is complete.
Proceed to pulling all hair into a ponytail and create the bun to complete your style.
Recommended Products:

I recommend a holding spray and pomade for a persistent hold.

Best face shape and hair type:

This style best suits round or oval faces with medium to coarse hair.

Tips:

Tie down you hair with a satin scarf to keep the braids from getting frizzed out.

GoldenRule

Makes sense to me. She pulls out (excludes) a section of hair just for the bun on the top of the head. The rest of the hair is parted and braided a section at a time and secured with rubber bands to keep it from coming apart I guess. Then the part you left out for the bun and all of the little braided sections are gathered together to create a ponytail which you then fashion into a bun.

JFK

EVERYONE has this style now....especially the little girls. It's cute. *im in DC*

Theresamonet

Theresamonet

Why? I think it's unique and different.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

MileHighDiva It looks like a style I would have worn in high school. Actually, I have worn some variations of this style. One where I twisted small sections and French braided them and another where I rubber banded small sections and then plaited them together.

Not that this style is ugly. I just don't see myself in such a constricted style, requiring gel and a rattail comb anymore. Lol. I'm into more effortless and carefree hair styles these days.

But I didn't read the op and I assumed you were asking for opinions on the style. :look: I see now that you were asking for advice on how to achieve it. Don't let me rain on your parade, op.

Theresamonet

It looks like the stylist actually tied the hair in the center. Twist on the sides, tie in the middle, twist on the sides, tie in the middle.

Not tie in a knot, but overlap. Then take the two ends back over to the sides and twist with the top pieces and repeat.

Does that make sense op? Try it like that and see how it comes out.