She Got My Same Exact Hair Style!

tweezer6

Should I be upset or flattered. I got my hair braided and a few days later another co-worker got hers braided in the exact style. Of course we were walking around the office looking like some sort of twins or something. And people were asking if we got our hair done by the same person. Why do people do that? Uuuuggg....

***Toy-Pisces***

I would pissed off!:blush:

I don't know why people do that.:spinning: Why do they want to look like someone else.

If she was already planning to get the style that is different because maybe she really liked the style.:drunk: If that was the case I would have just got another style.Do you have a common braid stlyle?

:lachen:@ twins.

gimbap

If it's a unique style, I understand where you're coming from. But if it's a common style, like micros or kinky twists, it's really not copying when there are 347374 women who have had the style before you.

:imo:

kiesha8185

Hmmm, I guess I'm biased cuz I have a twin, and when I got twists, she went and got them too....by the same girl of course! You would think I'd be used to it by now, but it does get kind of annoying when ppl bite off you all the time, especially if the style is unique...

temfash

Imitation is the sincerest form of flaterry. So be glad she thought your hair was fly enough to copy.

That's what I think too. On the other hand if she was also dressing like you then that's a different matter that would creep me out.

Blackoutzangel05

Being completely honest, I would feel weird...but then again I am sensitive about those things...I almost cried when a friend of my husband's brought the same wedding dress as me...I was pissed!!!! So yeah to have someone in my face rocking my hair style after I got it! Yeah...flatter me in another way...but you could look at it in a positive light and know she liked your hair

tweezer6

Some of my friends were more upset than I was. I just felt strange about it.

The style was a braided updo. Nothing too fancy, but enough to attract a lot of attention in a mostly caucasian work place.

After I had gotten mine done, she saw it and said, "I'm gonna get mine done too." But I thought she was kidding! She wasn't. A few days later...sure enough.

My girlfriend said at least everyone saw mine first.

sareca

I don't like when people do that even if it's a really common style. :nono:

Last edited:

hothair

I don't like when people do that. Even if it's a really common style. :nono:

What she said:ohwell: I had someone I worked with doing the same thing and at first I thought nothing of it till she started switching up styles when I did down to the colour :crazy: I did have to diplomatically tell her to :swearing:

Girl that style must have been off the chain then! I'd be a little angry too if it was that obviously similar, and people noticed. Is there any way you can recover and make it your own?

CurliDiva

Some of my friends were more upset than I was. I just felt strange about it.

The style was a braided updo. Nothing too fancy, but enough to attract a lot of attention in a mostly caucasian work place.

After I had gotten mine done, she saw it and said, "I'm gonna get mine done too." But I thought she was kidding! She wasn't. A few days later...sure enough.

My girlfriend said at least everyone saw mine first.

The fact that she got the exact same style is WEIRD to me! :spinning: You could have inspired her to get braids, but she should have switched it up just alittle.

tweezer6

I feel better after venting a little. I'm gonna look at it as "flattery". But the next time someone says, "I'm going to get mine done too", I'll make sure we don't end up looking like identical twins.

Man--The style was cute. I got several compliments. I wish I had pics to show. I've got to get a digi camera. Or at least a cam phone.

Thanks for helping me to "Exhale" lol!

napgurl

Getting mad does nothing, but keep you stressed. Look at it as flattery since she's your twin -- like it or not.