Shea Moisture is just going HAM now!

faithVA

I like their Nubian Heritage line. I will be checking out the ingredients in the hair dye because I'm always on the lookout for something better. I am glad they are expanding.

Iluvsmuhgrass

It's so exciting (and awesome) to see a BBO do well!!! :yep: The Coconut Hibiscus shampoo is still a staple for me and it lasts foreverrrrrrrr lol. I'd love to try their bath and body products!

prettyinpurple

I wish I could get into the hype of shea moisture products but they are all terrible for me :(

I stick to the body products mainly. I use the Kids line b/c it has no added artificial fragrance. The perfume scent of the main lines give me a headache. I want to try the redbush body wash once I run out of my current stash. All of the kids and baby product liness look awesome: redbush/babassu, raw shea/chamomile/argan oil, olive oil one. I want to find the mango carrot haircare one.

I do want to try the cleansing conditioner at some point.

I love the shave cream!

Angelinhell

I just came from Target, the price is $14.99 for the hair color. As far as it being natural, I don't believe it is. I didn't buy it, I'm debating on this or Hi Rez.

Kindheart

MaraWithLove I don't know what it is but every product i've used from the line is heavy, dries my hair out, or is hella greasy, non conditioning, etc, etc. I used one thing as a cowash and i thought i'd finally found something but no it wasn't that great after all either. I see so many folks talking up this line but for me it is horrible. I don't believe I will ever use any of the colors they now sell. Not going down that road.

I m glad i m not the only one ,the results are the ones you described ,greasy and Very Dry .I ve been trying to like this line but it doesn't seem to agree with my hair at all.:nono:

MaraWithLove

Well, I took a bite! :look:
And yes, I did cut my hair. It's not technically a 2nd bc, but I just wanted a change and have been loving it! Natural or not, it was not harsh on my scalp.

Picture shows what's in the box:
1. Two Applicator tips
2. Color creme
3. Developer
4. Shampoo
5. Conditioner
6. Finishing reconstructive elixir
7. Latex gloves
8. Salon Application brush
9. Instruction sheet

Attachments

• IMG_20130204_194934.jpg
    IMG_20130204_194934.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20130204_195017.jpg
    IMG_20130204_195017.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20130204_195119.jpg
    IMG_20130204_195119.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20130204_210304.jpg
    IMG_20130204_210304.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20130204_210321-1.jpg
    IMG_20130204_210321-1.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 130

Lita

Well, I took a bite! :look:
And yes, I did cut my hair. It's not technically a 2nd bc, but I just wanted a change and have been loving it! Natural or not, it was not harsh on my scalp.

Picture shows what's in the box:
1. Two Applicator tips
2. Color creme
3. Developer
4. Shampoo
5. Conditioner
6. Finishing reconstructive elixir
7. Latex gloves
8. Salon Application brush
9. Instruction sheet

MaraWithLove The color looks great on you..Just like the box..Cut is nice too..

Happy Hair Growing!

MsSanz92

I'm not really a fan of their new products I still like their old stuff in the white bottles better for my hair. Their shave line though is awesome I've used a couple of their products and would/have repurchased.

DaiseeDay

Their hair products don't work for me, but I really wish they did.

I'm somewhat tempted by the haircolor, but I don't usually buy boxed dyes & I heard these ones may contain ppd. I hope that's not true, MaraWithLove your color came out gorgeous!

Nayna

Unbothered
This is really all I care about right now. Duchesse, how'd you find out they're a bob? Is there an article out there or something?

I worked with them this past winter and they are very much still a black owned company.

I like their products but it can be hit or miss. I find myself doing a lot of experiments to see what will work or not and what I can mix together. They do listen to customer feedback though. Especially if you friend them on Facebook. The website.... no comment. That's something else altogether lol.

southerncitygirl

i'm happy for their growth and the expansion of their line but in general i think their products are mediocre and for about the same price or $1-$7 more i can use better quality lines like komaza, darcys, oyin, hairtage hydrations,or claudies depending on the size and formulation. i do like their moisture mist, but i think that komaza would be a better option in terms of formulation.

i wouldn't mind trying the sugar wax but i think heyfranhey has a recipe to make you own sugar wax on yt.

DaiseeDay

The hair dye doesn't contain ppd, just FYI. I might get a box to tone my hair one it fades. I was hoping they would have henna, now that would be awesome!

Just watched the review, it looks great, but even the dye has soy protein?!? That's like the Shea Moisture signature and unfortunatly it makes my hair snappy.

Last edited:

BlkMane

MaraWithLove - Thanks for posting about your experience with the hair color. Can you let us know if the dye contains PPD (P-Phenylenediamine)? I'm trying to find a permanent haircolor without this ingredient but it's nearly impossible.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I like their coconut and hibiscus body lotion. That reminds me of Haiti. Their products are like semen in my hair. Just a messy waste.

Last edited:

glamazon386

I'm not really a fan of their new products I still like their old stuff in the white bottles better for my hair. Their shave line though is awesome I've used a couple of their products and would/have repurchased.

I miss the old Leave In Conditioner. I emailed them asking if it was still available when they first came out with all the new line. I got a response saying that they still had it but hadn't changed it to the new packaging and that's why it wasn't on the website. Never saw that product on the website again. Some BSSs still carry it but who knows how long the products have been sitting on the shelf.