SHEDDERS: Tired of strands in your comb?? TRY A GARLIC Supplement!!

myronnie

Ok, so I wanted to post this thread yesterday right when I got out of the shower but it was way too late :D
Anyway, lately I've been taking 6500mg garlic supplements (Vitamin Discount Center Brand) for digestion, heart, and skin wellness. Well, little did I know that my hair would benefit from the garlic supplements also! I've been taking them consistently every day for about two weeks and when I went to come my hair after I washed it yesterday literally 4 or 5 strands came out in the shower! Now keep in mind that i hadn't washed for 3 days (since wednesday) and I didn't only shed 4 or 5 strands during the 3 days, but the fact that the amount of hair coming out in my comb was so few is just amazing! It's been like this ever since I started taking them. I paid it no mind because i've been so busy and washing and deep conditioning my hair has become a mindless routine for me but GOSH! I'm so happy! I just want to share this with the other people who are having shedding problems. I believe that everything can be cured internally..I've always been skeptical of the topical garlic treatments because it just doesn't seem like it could control shedding because shedding is a natural bodily function.

I know some members on here take garlic supplements but I really really wanna make it known that these have really helped with my shedding and really nothing has worked for the past 2 years!! I used to shed globs of hair when I combed :nono: and my increased shedding caused tangles and thinness of the hair..and furthermore the tangles stopped me from stretching my relaxers so long!

If anyone wants more information about the supplements:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=4730181
http://arthritis.about.com/od/garli...plement_Uses_Health_Benefits_Side_Effects.htm

Jas123

The Star of a Story
i have garlic capsules just waiting for me to take them... I guess this is the push i needed... thanks
i also do garlic oil treatments, have you tried them?

soulie

i'm curious about garlic supplements, but i'm scared the smell might come out through my pores.

There are odorless garlic supplements available; they are the only kind I use and even when working out and perspiring heavily there is no garlicky smell at all.

myronnie

i have garlic capsules just waiting for me to take them... I guess this is the push i needed... thanks
i also do garlic oil treatments, have you tried them?
No, I haven't done garlic oil treatments..but the capsules have been working fine to thicken up my hair and stop shedding!! I was so nervous about my hair being thin and always getting comments about how it was thin, etc, probably because of the increased shedding, but now it's healthier than ever! That i attribute to my garlic supps!

i'm curious about garlic supplements, but i'm scared the smell might come out through my pores.
I get enteric coated garlic supplements which are the best and they don't go through your pores..just sometimes my pee/other excrement smells like garlic..LOL

~CurlyNikki~

How cool! I shed like nobody's business. I'm very curious about this, but like others said, I'm scared that I'll smell like garlic. Which brand are you using?

MrsLack

I am so happy it worked for you! I know first hand it is stressful seeing a lot of hair coming out of your head! I have been using the garlic for about 3 weeks and ITA that it works! I don't know if it was the stress with planning my wedding or what, but I felt like i was shedding a lot more than normal. I wanted to nip it in the bud before I noticed my hair thinning. I got the orderless garlic from Walmart that is coated as well, and it works like a charm. I run, and sweat A LOT and have not had any problems with smelling like garlic. I didn't even think about it doing that until I saw a few ladies ask that so I even asked my husband to be sure:)

Encore

I get enteric coated garlic supplements which are the best and they don't go through your pores..just sometimes my pee/other excrement smells like garlic..LOL[/quote]

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Miamori

I take odorless garlic supps too. There is NO garlic smell coming from me ANYWHERE. (Yes, anywhere. :look:) And I really like them.
The help my shedding, and help my heart not beat as irregularly, (it beats irregularly, lol) which means I don't have to exert myself so much to do simple things.

**Tasha*Love**

I have the odorless garlic pills made by nature's bounty. They are only 1000 mg and I take two a day. It seems that they (excuse me - TMI :giggle:) give me gas and makes me nauseous. I read that too much garlic would cause these symptoms but it seems like everyone is taking much more than myself? What's up with the pills that I have? I really need something that can stop my shedding and garlic seems to be the answer.

HELP Ladies!!!

myronnie

I have the odorless garlic pills made by nature's bounty. They are only 1000 mg and I take two a day. It seems that they (excuse me - TMI :giggle:) give me gas and makes me nauseous. I read that too much garlic would cause these symptoms but it seems like everyone is taking much more than myself? What's up with the pills that I have? I really need something that can stop my shedding and garlic seems to be the answer.

HELP Ladies!!!
It may not be the pills, but just your own body. Maybe you don't take well to garlic. I take like 6500mg or more a day and I haven't encountered this problem.

How cool! I shed like nobody's business. I'm very curious about this, but like others said, I'm scared that I'll smell like garlic. Which brand are you using?
I use Vitamin Discount Center Brand. It's nice because it has a high quantity of allicin, the component of garlic that provides the health benefits.

RODI

It may not be the pills, but just your own body. Maybe you don't take well to garlic. I take like 6500mg or more a day and I haven't encountered this problem.

I use Vitamin Discount Center Brand. It's nice because it has a high quantity of allicin, the component of garlic that provides the health benefits.

Myronnie,

Can you double check your bottle. It is 6500mg or 650mcg. Is this the bottle??

*fabulosity*

Okay I started taking 6 of the 1000 mg each ones.. so 6000..my hair still sheds..but I I feel like it's normal I guess.

The other TMI side affect...

It will do weird things to your monthly cycle when you take these high doses of garlic.. Just FYI.

nicki6

Okay I started taking 6 of the 1000 mg each ones.. so 6000..my hair still sheds..but I I feel like it's normal I guess.

It will do weird things to your monthly cycle when you take these high doses of garlic.. Just FYI.

Could you be specific?:sekret: If not, please PM me:wink2:

spritex

Hey Fabulosity
pls be careful. The OP has just confirmed she is actually using 650mg (milligram) which is equivalent to 6500mcg (microgram). NOT 6500mg (milligram). 'Cos you said you are now taking 6 of the 1000mg ones - that is a whopping 6000mg which may bot be safe. Maybe others can wade in:perplexed

A856

I've beem taking 3 500mg....GNC brand for a good week and shedding has dropped to the bare minimum!!!

Only side affect is that when i take them on an empty stomach.....burping garlic is not HOT! But when I do eat...nothing!

Either than that...not other 'odors' to report here....

heyfranz

I'm doing MT/OCT and have major shedding. Garlic supplements and the garlic paste didn't work, but the alter ego garlic treatment did the job with one application! Best $25 i've spent this year!

Ediese

Thanks for posting this! I had excessive shedding a couple months ago, and bought garlic supplements to help the problem. I stopped taking them because I have a sew-in, but I definitely need to start back because I can't imagine how much my hair is shedding.

*fabulosity*

Hey Fabulosity
pls be careful. The OP has just confirmed she is actually using 650mg (milligram) which is equivalent to 6500mcg (microgram). NOT 6500mg (milligram). 'Cos you said you are now taking 6 of the 1000mg ones - that is a whopping 6000mg which may bot be safe. Maybe others can wade in:perplexed

The recommended daily amount on the bottle is 4 (1000) mg pills per day. I'm only taking 2 extra per day. And not even like every day. But thanks!