Short Hair unmanagable

stylehair

Just wondering what to do about my hair. I have had a curl for 15 years or more and certainly I have had color as well. I did a dark and lovely color in Mar and after that my hair started falling out. Yes, fallin out. I have had to have it cut about 6 weeks ago and it is too short to curlwith iron and is very nappy. I plan to get the curl back in about a week. what do you all think? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

pebbles

Hi Stylehair,

Would have answered this post a long time ago if I'd seen it sooner.

I wore a curl for 10 years. Though my hair grew a lot, after a while I wanted something different. So i cut it and did braids for 3 years.

If you want to continue the curl, just think of it as a new begininnig and start from there. If not, there's a lot you can do at this time. Just decide what would be easiest for you to take care of now. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SVT

Hi and welcome stylehair!

Your post has been moved to the Hair Tips forum for more responses! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nita4

Hummmm. Leave it alone. Shampoo and deep condition so that it in good condition for your curl in a week. Apply some moisturizer, comb and go. Your getting your curl back in a week. I know, I know...that can seem like a month when you want something done with your hair. But I really wouldn't do anything else at this point. HTH

Oh and Welcome to the board!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NayNay

Sorry to hear about the color incident. But just be happy and know that your hair WILL grow back. Personally I would lay off all chemicals-color, curl, relaxer whatever for a month or two. You want to make sure that the hair you process (put a curl in) isn't damaged. I would heavily condition and shampoo my hair often (everyday)-hair loves moisture. If you do that you might learn to embrace your natural curls a little more. Have you also considered wetting your hair every morning and while the hair is wet put gel in it and let it air dry. Aveda has a good gel-I forget the name of it that may hold your curls and Paul Sebastian has a gel called Wet. I see a lot of natural or texturized sistas wet their hair every morning and gel it and it looks great curly.
Try that and don't Worry!

sweetcocoa

You really should give your hair(and scalp) a chance to rest before you put in a curl again. Your at the perfect length where you could use a thick leave-in or leave in a conditioner mixed with a little shea butter...than finger comb(no combs or brushes) and go! (you'd be surprised how well this works). Some ladies call this the shake and go. You would have a nice naturally curly look...you won't need that curl for a while.