should i clarify right now?

calmsensual1

ok so last night i used the herbal essence long term relationship leave-in on dry hair and it left this weird film on my hair. Like, Ill touch my hair and my fingers feel slightly sticky/waxy also it left my hair dry, not moisturized like everyone else that used it...its kind of hard to describe.

So is this product build up? Should I clarify right now? Or if i do a co-wash will it rinse out?

Im asking because I just clarified last week, I dont want to do it again this soon if I dont have to.

vkb247

Definitely sounds like some sort of buildup but you don't really get buildup from using a product once. Maybe you just used too much or it might just have to do with the cones in this product. Do you regularly use cones?

You don't have to clarify to remove cones. But you will need to shampoo to remove them. I think it usually takes a few shampoos to get it all the way out but maybe just letting the shampoo sit in your hair for a while will work. A co-wash will not get cones out.

TrustMeLove

I would clarify with baking soda. And once you do that rinse with ACV. Girrrrllll....that is all I put on my hair and prior to that my hair was DRY, felt crunchy, just in a horrible state. And after that ACV rinse my hair was just soft and fluffy like and my texture popped.

And to think I was trying to figure out what type of clarifying or chelating product I should use. Hahahaha!

4a/b Natural.

calmsensual1

No I dont use too many cones.

If I do use them I only use dimethicone...which is what is in the LTR leave-in. I only put it on my ends too. Im pretty sure I didnt use too too much of it because im not very handed. Whenever its my first time using something I go very light.

I just dont think my hair likes this product very much :(. I loooove the conditioner though!!!