Should I or Shouldn't??

AphroDiva

Should I or Shouldn\'t??

Hi Ladies!! O.K I have the itch for a total make over. I would love to do something diferent with my hair but I want some sugestions. As I said in past posts, I love my hair, my curls are so fun...but after my hennalucent disaster my hair looks so diferent.
I notice today how long my hair could be if I get it straight, right now I look like "Gina" from the movie Scarface /images/graemlins/smile.gif Should I go for a relaxer? or is there other way I could get my hair perfectly straight and shiny without using so many chemicals. I was reading about a natural relaxer that can make also my curls look nice when I get in the mood for curls.
Straighting lotions don't work with my hair, makes it dry.
Or should I forget about the relaxer and add some hightlights to my hair..... /images/graemlins/confused.gif
Please girls give me some sugestions!! pleeeeeeeeeease /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

G

Re: Should I or Shouldn\'t??

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
As I said in past posts, I love my hair, my curls are so fun

[/ QUOTE ]

If you love your curls, then no, don't relax it, b/c relaxing is permanent. Why not go get it blown out? That way you can have straight hair for a minute and go back to your curls when you are ready. /images/graemlins/look.gif

pebbles

If you love your curls, then no, don't relax it, b/c relaxing is permanent. Why not go get it blown out? That way you can have straight hair for a minute and go back to your curls when you are ready. /images/graemlins/look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

VALLEYGIRL

I second that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. If you like to wear your hair curly then straighten it by pressing. It is temporary and you can wash and go back to your curls and then press again when you want to wear it straight.
Just remember to use a heat protectant.
Valleygirl

sweetcocoa

I agree with everyone else. With type 2c you should be able to get your hair really straight flat ironing.

londongirl3

I was reading about a natural relaxer that can make also my curls look nice when I get in the mood for curls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this 'the' natural relaxer? I didn't see good reviews about it really so I would not recommend that.

Why don't you try pressing your hair to see what it would look like without curls, if you like it then go ahead and get a relaxer (But do get a recommendation from the ladies here because some relaxers are not as good as others)

My second concern is......was your hair damaged with hennalucent? I remember reading something about it turning to a glue consistency. If it was damaged then any chemical you put in it will accentuate the damage. (Highlights or relaxer). If you do attempt a chemical procedure on damaged hair it could well end up worse than before.

I think you should just give your hair a bit of time to recover then consider the chemicals when it's stronger.