Should I purchase Terreseentials Mud Wash if...

smwrigh3

Hey ladies!

I have been lurking in the Terressentials thread and now I really want to purchase some!

But I wear my hair in braids 99.99% of the time underneath my wig. I only undo my braids once a month. Although I do wash my hair every week with diluted shampoo. I am afraid that switching over to this mud wash I wont be able to remove all the product from my braids.

For those that use it what do you think?

faithVA

I wouldn't do it unless I had been working with the mud a while. You could always just get some bentonite clay for a few bucks and play with that to see how that works.

You could always use it when you take your braids down, once a month. I only use my mudwash 2x a month and cowash the other weeks.

lolascurls

I saw the price and ran.... to Amazon.co.uk! I found a seller with great quality (and price) Bentonite and Rhassoul Clays. I used the Bentonite twice but from the first Rhassoul treatment, I've been hooked. Rhassoul clay helps to detangle the hair more than the Bentonite. I WOULD advice doing it on loose hair rather than in braids though.
I use the Rhassoul Clay once a month and it works well.
Seller on Amazon is called Black Stone Supplies, in case you wondered.

sikora

smwrigh3 said:
Hey ladies!

I have been lurking in the Terressentials thread and now I really want to purchase some!

But I wear my hair in braids 99.99% of the time underneath my wig. I only undo my braids once a month. Although I do wash my hair every week with diluted shampoo. I am afraid that switching over to this mud wash I wont be able to remove all the product from my braids.

For those that use it what do you think?

Do you have any scalp issues? I wear my hair in braids under a wig as well and I had to dump Terressentials after a while. I found that it never gave my scalp a clean feeling. Hours after "washing" my scalp would be itchy again. I've now switched back to KeraCare shampoos.

If you don't have any dry or itchy scalp problems I would say give it a try. Try it when you've undone your braids so you can get an idea of how your hair likes it.

You can probably alternate with your regular shampoo for the weeks you're braided and use the mud wash as a monthly treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

hair4romheaven

I believe the mud wash is a natural clarifier. I used it weekly & my hair felt weird. I use it as a clarifier every 6-8 weeks and it works well.

smwrigh3

Thank ladies!!! I looked at Bentonite and Rhassoul Clays on youtube! I think I am going to try with that first!