Shoulder Length 2012 Challenge

MystiqueBabe

How's everyone today? I kind of been slacking with my hair. Found out my mom has liver cancer and she started chemo yesterday. Couldn't even be there bc my 9 month old was admitted Sunday in hospital with problems breathing. We came home yesterday evening. Aaagh too much stuff going on but I know God has my family in his arms! Anyway hope u ladies are doing well.

I will also pray for your family. This is unfortunate news, I hope they both make quick recoveries.

As for my hair I have been using sulfur8 and monistat:)look:) to aid in growth. Along with my anti dandruff shampoo and my hair has grown a bit and is now about full NL.

Aggie

Still hanging in there but have a hair cut scheduled in the morning. I will most likely have it cut very very short, maybe down to 2 inches long. I have too many ssks and splits to keep it the length is now at 4.5".

ojemba

Aggie said:
Still hanging in there but have a hair cut scheduled in the morning. I will most likely have it cut very very short, maybe down to 2 inches long. I have too many ssks and splits to keep it the length is now at 4.5".

Aggie that's a BC all over again. Didn't you cut recently?

Aggie

@Aggie that's a BC all over again. Didn't you cut recently?

ojemba,

Yes I know hun. I just had it chopped off in January but it's a long story. I can't find a stylist I trust to do my hair well and I strongly believe their tools are dull, hence the splits. Cutting wet textured hair instead of straight:nono: and the whole yadda yadda yadda. I so wished I could cut my own hair well.

It's a little frustrating but from now on, I am not gonna get overly upset about it anymore. It is what it is. I would rather really start all over again than worry about trying to keep horrible ends on my head.

I will just straighten it a little more at my next texlaxer session.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
xu93texas said:
:bighug:
HairPleezeGrow,

I just wanted to let you know I'll be praying for you and your family (mom and your little one.) I hope you get a chance to visit your mom soon. How is your little one doing now? I also have a 9 month old, so I can only imagine what you're going through having to have your little one admitted to the hospital. I hope he/she is recovering well now that you're both home. Keep us updated.

Thank you ...my son is doing much better and my mom just got home from her first 3 day session of chemo. They are doing well though!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
MystiqueBabe said:
I will also pray for your family. This is unfortunate news, I hope they both make quick recoveries.

As for my hair I have been using sulfur8 and monistat:)look:) to aid in growth. Along with my anti dandruff shampoo and my hair has grown a bit and is now about full NL.

Thank you for the well wishes. I'm glad the sulfur and monistat is working for you.

mallysmommy

had trouble taking these braids out and i think i significantly cut some inches off...i'm about halfway done will assess the damage later....le sigh

Ann0804

Update to shoulder length:
My hair seems to be growing at a faster rate now that I'm not using heat on it weekly. I also cut down on my trims. I was trimming every four weeks. I'm not sure I will be shoulder length by August but I will see.

mallysmommy

on the surface my hair looks fine. i can't bare to search and see if i really cut out a chunk. im just going to wash and and put it in celie braids, i'm getting senegalese twists on saturday. thank God hair grows back so no worries

InBloom

In my new-growth
update...

I'm still a breath away from feeling comfortable claiming shoulder length...its these layers. Anyway, I thought to dabble in a growth aide...just bought it yesterday, so I've got to wait for delivery. Hair Trigger...anyone else using this?

I decided on a growth aide because I know my hair is growing and getting subtlely longer, but I'm GREEDY.

Anyone?

Ann0804

update...

I'm still a breath away from feeling comfortable claiming shoulder length...its these layers. Anyway, I thought to dabble in a growth aide...just bought it yesterday, so I've got to wait for delivery. Hair Trigger...anyone else using this?

I decided on a growth aide because I know my hair is growing and getting subtlely longer, but I'm GREEDY.

Anyone?

@InBloom
I've been thinking about the hair trigger as well. Let me know if your growth rate increases.

Aggie

I had a hair cut today to remove the last of my ssks and splits nd I am very happy with the results. It will probably take me the rest of the year before even touching SL but I'm okay with that.

Update:

Attachments

• Blackberry Pics 1 004.jpg
    Blackberry Pics 1 004.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Blackberry Pics 1 005.jpg
    Blackberry Pics 1 005.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 30
  • Blackberry Pics 1 006.jpg
    Blackberry Pics 1 006.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Blackberry Pics 1 007.jpg
    Blackberry Pics 1 007.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 34

diadall

Aggie said:
I had a hair cut today to remove the last of my ssks and splits nd I am very happy with the results. It will probably take me the rest of the year before even touching SL but I'm okay with that.

Update:

Very pretty!

TeeMartini

Aggie said:

Update:

Very nice.

xu93texas

update...

Anyone?

I will be purchasing this once I'm finished with Shi-Naturals Grow Potion. I'm so tempted to purchase now, but I'm practicing self-control. Please keep us updated with your results.

xu93texas

on the surface my hair looks fine. i can't bare to search and see if i really cut out a chunk. im just going to wash and and put it in celie braids, i'm getting senegalese twists on saturday. thank God hair grows back so no worries

I hope your hair isn't as bad as you may think it is. I suffered breakage around my edges and nape from kinky twists back in February and my hair is just started to fill back in. Yes, thank God hair does grow back.:grin:

grownupnai

I've transitioned from a excessive shedding to moderate hair breakage and I'm scared it will hinder my retention. Finally getting thicker hair but dont want it to break off. I think I used too much protein the past few months. My partner bought me back some Lovea organic shea butter hair mask from Paris. I'm going to DC with it today and will report back.

Niknak20

grownupnai said:
I've transitioned from a excessive shedding to moderate hair breakage and I'm scared it will hinder my retention. Finally getting thicker hair but dont want it to break off. I think I used too much protein the past few months. My partner bought me back some Lovea organic shea butter hair mask from Paris. I'm going to DC with it today and will report back.

Maybe you should also try black tea rinses. It worked for me I've seen significantly less shedding.

gvin89

HairPleezeGrow, I'm glad to hear things are well and will continue praying.

I'm in braids for the next few months, so I'm concentrating on keeping my hair moisturized and babying my edges/hairline.

MystiqueBabe

Thank you for the well wishes. I'm glad the sulfur and monistat is working for you.

Glad to hear that your family is doing well! =)

And yes they work for me. I am hoping to gain a little bit above my average growth rate which is 0.5" a month. But the broken off section of my hair is feeling in quickly and will reach SL hopefully by end of May/start of June. I think the rest will make it by either July or August and hopefully by this fall I can cut it even. No more uneven hair. :yep:

MystiqueBabe

so does anti-dandruff shampoo really help with hair growth? Just curious because I have a bunch of bottles of Selsum blue that I never use

Whats the active ingredient in selsun blue? The most popular ones for hair growth is the ones with pythrione zinc in it and has been proven to aid in growth over time.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm probably going to do a deep condition on Sunday after I co-wash! My hair has been feeling really dry lately. I wonder if I need a protein treatment or some type of protein con. I purchased some natures gatew hemp nourishing con and lemongrass & clay sage con. Hope it helps!

Aggie

I think this weekend, I will do a porosity test on my hair followed by deep conditioning. I will need lots of moisturizing too so my concentration will be moisture. It's time to take out the steamer again.

grownupnai

Thanks! My shedding is under control. It's only breaking now, and the Lovea DC hair mask did nothing for me. :( I'm going to use some regular conditioner and olive oil during my next wash. My hair feels so dry!