Shout out to all the Ushers.....!

klb120475

Our church has some special services going on this week and I volunteered to usher.......:spinning:

All I gotta say is big ups to all the ushers on the forum! I have a new found respect for ushers. Ushering ain't no joke. Gotta put up with soooo many attitudes.:wallbash:

Special hugs and kisses to all of you wonderful ushers who may feel unappreciated...:grouphug2::blowkiss:

crlsweetie912

Our church has some special services going on this week and I volunteered to usher.......:spinning:

All I gotta say is big ups to all the ushers on the forum! I have a new found respect for ushers. Ushering ain't no joke. Gotta put up with soooo many attitudes.:wallbash:

Special hugs and kisses to all of you wonderful ushers who may feel unappreciated...:grouphug2::blowkiss:

THANK YOU!
Nobody understands until you have to walk a mile in our shoes. It's a thankless job. But let something go down, we are the first to catch the blame. I have been an usher for 4 years and some days I want to cry. But we are on the front line and I have seen some awesome things!

Thanks a bunch!!!:grin:

klb120475

THANK YOU!
Nobody understands until you have to walk a mile in our shoes. It's a thankless job. But let something go down, we are the first to catch the blame. I have been an usher for 4 years and some days I want to cry. But we are on the front line and I have seen some awesome things!

Thanks a bunch!!!:grin:

Girl, my feet still hurting from Sunday and I gotta usher Wed and Thurs night....:perplexed

Shoot, let me give you another hug.....:hug2:

crlsweetie912

Girl, my feet still hurting from Sunday and I gotta usher Wed and Thurs night....:perplexed

Shoot, let me give you another hug.....:hug2:
Girl, you neva lied! But you get used to it. Usually on the Sunday's I usher, I go home and CRASH and the kids eat mcdonalds for dinner!:lachen:

klb120475

Girl, you neva lied! But you get used to it. Usually on the Sunday's I usher, I go home and CRASH and the kids eat mcdonalds for dinner!:lachen:

Any advice on how to deal with people who try and tell you were they're going to sit verses were you need them to sit?:look:

crlsweetie912

Any advice on how to deal with people who try and tell you were they're going to sit verses were you need them to sit?:look:
This is tricky.
We have a pretty large church. We have "reserved" signs that we use for visitors, or when we need to fill up the front of the sanctuary first. (we shoot videos of all services, so it looks better to the camera) 100% of the time we have people who sit in the "reserved" seats. Usually, you have 1 person dedicated specifically to monitor this. We politely ask the person to move up a few rows to the non reserved area. Most times they don't or move to another reserved area. Then we politely explain the reasoning and USUALLY people will comply. A lot of times they don't. If you ask a person twice and they don't move, you have to just leave it alone. Don't want to cause confusion to escalate. (and it can) Sometimes visitors may not know the "routine" that's why I try to explain the reasoning behind asking them to move and this kind of helps. HTH.

klb120475

This is tricky.
We have a pretty large church. We have "reserved" signs that we use for visitors, or when we need to fill up the front of the sanctuary first. (we shoot videos of all services, so it looks better to the camera) 100% of the time we have people who sit in the "reserved" seats. Usually, you have 1 person dedicated specifically to monitor this. We politely ask the person to move up a few rows to the non reserved area. Most times they don't or move to another reserved area. Then we politely explain the reasoning and USUALLY people will comply. A lot of times they don't. If you ask a person twice and they don't move, you have to just leave it alone. Don't want to cause confusion to escalate. (and it can) Sometimes visitors may not know the "routine" that's why I try to explain the reasoning behind asking them to move and this kind of helps. HTH.

Okay, so here's my dilemma. We have guests speakers coming for the services and of course their churches will be coming with them.

Our church is rather small...seats about 150. We have a special seating for the teenagers and parents with kids. Now, one of the visitors with the church had 5 kids (ages: baby, 1yr, 2yr old, 3yr old and 10 yr old). She was persistent about sitting on the second row. I was persistent about her sitting in the other section...I explained to her the section was more convenient for her given it had direct access to the bathroom for her kids.

She rolled her eyes and relunctantly followed me. Later on she thanked me, because she was running back and forth to the bathroom with her kids all service.

Did I handle that right?

crlsweetie912

Okay, so here's my dilemma. We have guests speakers coming for the services and of course their churches will be coming with them.

Our church is rather small...seats about 150. We have a special seating for the teenagers and parents with kids. Now, one of the visitors with the church had 5 kids (ages: baby, 1yr, 2yr old, 3yr old and 10 yr old). She was persistent about sitting on the second row. I was persistent about her sitting in the other section...I explained to her the section was more convenient for her given it had direct access to the bathroom for her kids.

She rolled her eyes and relunctantly followed me. Later on she thanked me, because she was running back and forth to the bathroom with her kids all service.

Did I handle that right?
YES, but be prepared for others that won't be so nice. I could tell you some stories. But that's precisely what I would have done. There has been many a time that I have had to ask a member to take their crying infant out of the sanctuary. It's what we have to do. I would have done the same thing!