Shrinkage!! Ain't it a *bleep*!

Do any of you ladies ever get annoyed by this? When you just KNOW that your hair is longer than what it is? My hair is looking quite short this morning (due to the rainy weather outside, i suppose). It looks as if someone had come into my room overnight and chopped a couple of inches off! I'm sure some of you natural ladies fight shrinkage even more than I do. :whip: Sorry. I just had to vent.

jainygirl

My hair has alot of shrinkage as well. I dont fight it though because my hair is pretty moody so it would be a losing battle. Plus my main hairstyle consists of me putting on a headband and that's it, so it doesnt mess up my style when it shrinks or anything.

My hair looks like 2 different heads of hair without shrinkage and with shrinkage. Right after i shampoo i section my hair off and add scrunchies so it doesnt dry and tangle up. The result of doing this is a mini-puff that looks like a blowout -- I really like how my hair feels at this time. My hair is light and fluffy i can feel the wind blowing through it when it's like this -- LOVE IT.

Now from the aesthetic point of view i think more people like my hair with shrinkage because it looks more 'tame'. To me it's alright but either way i look cute so it's all gravy :lol:.

deedabug

i seem to be on the end of the spectrum that still has a lot not matter how much my hair grows...i try to bask in my uniqueness and deal with it in that state of mind

divine

I'm glad my hair only shrinks by an inch so far. My friend looks like she has chin length hair, but its really down her back when straight.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I have a little over 50% shrinkage myself, that's why I wanted to transition for so long. At least when I cut it in may, it will hit my neck. I think it's cool though, like a slinky...lol.

buffalosoldier said:
BHbonanza how are u styling your hair? There are ways to help with the shrinkage.

Right now I've got some looser curls similar to my avatar pic. I have most of it pinned up today because the frizziness was too much for me to put up with. I don't have much of a routine so it's kinda hard to put a finger on what I could do to stop the shrinkage. I go to the salon in a few days to get a protective style so I won't have to deal with it.

buffalosoldier

My hair will shrink more if I put the products on dripping wet hair. I prefer to towel dry it a bit or squeeze the water out should I say.

the products u use can contribute to shrinkage..