Side effects of MSM

missyT

Hello ladies,
I started taking MSM last wednesday and am starting off with smaller doses such as 2 750mgs capsules and am planning to increase my doseage soon. I have noticed serveral effects of taking MSM and was just wondering if this is normal.

1. Sorry to be crude but my wee (urine) was almost illuminous at first- like a bright yellow.
Did anybody else notice this.

I read somewhere that the body goes into detox. mode, so id that what I am experiencing?

Also, how long did it take for you to notice differences in your hair?

The differences it has made to the way I feel have been almost instantaneous. For example, I don't seem to be experiencing the muscle ache I would usually get after exercise.

The bright colored urine is normal--even when you take multi-vitamins. I would just make sure to drink a lot of water. The difference it made to my hair was that it seemed to shed less--however it may be attributed to better hair care techniques. I ran out of msm and now I'm starting up again this week.
Some people says it takes a couple of months in your system to see results--I'm not sure, since I also take msm w/a combo of other supplements.

yeah its normal to get the yellow pee. lol. yeah i shed very little now. and my new growth is wavy and very easy to manage

I took MSM for a while a few months back to see if it had any positive results with my hair growth and overall health. But I did'nt see any benefit from taking MSM nor any side effects. It was like I was talking them for the hell of it with no visible results. So, I stopped taking MSM and switched to Omega 3 Fish Oil softgels and these are wonderful..I'm definitely seeing visible results from these.

Next relaxer touch-up: July 23rd, 2005 (Vitale)
Pics coming in July after touch-up!

I gave up on taking MSM by itself when I tried it a few years ago. It aggravated my acne, I really looked bad.

Back