Silk Elements No-Lye Relaxer

davismo4

Im currently using ORS No-Lye but Im thinking about switching to Silk Elements. Dont get me wrong, ORS works fine, however, I just started using some of Silk Elements products and they work soooo good on my hair and now Im kind of curious of how SE No Lye works.

Musicachic

I've used that kind before. My sister and I used to use it when we were doing each others relaxers. We used the one for course hair, since our hair is extremely thick. It leaves your hair nice and soft when used properly. I like their products too. I used their conditioners the regular and the one with olive oil. I also use their heat protectant. Other relaxers I have used have been Affirm and Vitale. It was good quality like those. I hope that helps.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I looooove SE relaxers! Soft, perfectly straight, shiny, smooth hair. It hasn't ever burned my scalp and I don't experience any extra shedding. I spent my whole life switching relaxers, never used one brand twice.

Well, unless I switch to lye, I can't see myself ever using another no-lye relaxer. For my last touch up, I used the new Olive Oil relaxer and I love it even more than the original!!!!!! :pepper:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
MCrzyGr, I've used ORS and it doesn't compare. SE leaves my hair much softer and smoother. After each touchup, dh compliments me on how good my hair looks. He never did that with any other relaxer :D

I've used it for my last 3 or 4 touch ups and have never had a problem. Love it!

MissMusic

Well after such a great review, I can't help but try it. My next relaxer is in April, so until then, hopefully more poeple will give reviews.

Tarae

My mom was using ORS No-Lye and for her last touch up she used Silk Elements Olive Oil and she really really likes it. I could actually see the difference in her hair.

I'm glad I found SE products. This is a really good line.

davismo4

Yeah it sounds like SE is a winner! I'm going to do my next relaxer on 12/28 (12 week stretch) so I can look fly for New Years lol. Im so excited, I hope this becomes my new favorite relaxer :grin:!

girlyprincess23

I looooove SE relaxers! Soft, perfectly straight, shiny, smooth hair. It hasn't ever burned my scalp and I don't experience any extra shedding. I spent my whole life switching relaxers, never used one brand twice.

Well, unless I switch to lye, I can't see myself ever using another no-lye relaxer. For my last touch up, I used the new Olive Oil relaxer and I love it even more than the original!!!!!! :pepper:
What strength did you use if you don't mind me asking. I am having a real problem deciding what strength to us. If I use mild I get a texturized sort of effect, how texturized is dependent on how long I leave the mild on, if I use regular even for half the amount of time I get almost bone straight. I don't know what to do.