silk elements relaxer users! let me holla at you for a sec!

ms.gafeney

Hello ladies:) i am interested in using silk elements for my next relaxer (in about 2 wks) and i was wondering what other products you use with this relaxer for neutralizing and conditioning. do you use the silk elements shampoo/condish or something else? just wondering....:confused: thanks

Catina72

I just touched up about a week ago and I used Proclaim Neutralizing Shampoo(Sally's 99cents) and Naturelle Hemp Hydrating Conditioner(also at Sally's) afterward. HtH!!

I use just the relaxer on touch-up day. I have some Designer Touch Post Perm Treatment (PPT) left from my DT days, so I have her put that on after rinsing but before neutralizing (as the directions say). That's followed by whatever neutralizing shampoo my hairdresser uses. Then on to rollersetting and styling.

I have been gradually trying some of the other SE products, though. The Revive & Restore Oil Moisturizer is very nice and so is the Heat Protectant spray (used on days I flat iron my roots). These products (along with the relaxer) leave your hair so soft. The only product I've tried so far and didn't care for was the Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner. It smells great and feels great on the hair, but didn't provide enough slip for me. I also don't like the fact that it has mineral oil at the top of the list. Others like it though.

HTH

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
When I use SE relaxer, I Vitale Oil Base on my scalp before, neutralized with Motions, and deep conditioned afterwards with the Silk Elements Moisturizing Treatment. After that, I would wrap or mold my hair with the Silk Elements Foam and sit under the dryer for 45 minutes.

gymfreak336

When I used Silk Elements, I neutralized with motions shampoo and neutralizing conditioner, then I deep conditioned for 30mins with ORS pack.

angie10

I use proclaim neutralizer also, and affirm 5 in 1 after rinsing the relaxer. I use keracare humecto to deep condition. I just relaxed with silk element last week, but I went to the salon this time around.

Hey
I used silk elements lye regular today for the first time. At first I really didn't like the way my hair felt after rinsing out the relaxer. Felt kinda hard and dry. I washed it with Silk Elements Neutralizing Shampoo. I then followed up with Keracare Moisturizing Shampoo, then deep conditioned with Mizani Moisturfuse(sp). Afterwards, I rollerset with Salerm and a little bit of IC Hair Polisher. Turned out nice and silky. I would know in about a week or two whether or not I underprocessed. It feels and looks good today though.