Since joining LHCF have you noticed......

wish4length

BSL is possible for you (just takes a lot of care) but for others who are still uneducated about hair you seem "Stuck up" about your hair?
I while at work this woman hands me her money then says "I see you long hair don't care" and my first reaction was "Woman please BSL is long and I'm not even APL", but then I thought to myself "Her hair is above her ears, so maybe my Barely below SL hair is long to her......
You women are spoiling my mentality..
I appreciate it though:up:

^^^^ I don't think the woman was jealous. She complimented the length of the OP's hair.

But yeah, This site has changed my perception of long. I remember thinking a lot of people had long hair. Now when I look at the same people their hair doesn't seem long at all.

Its so weird.

Yeah a lot of women here develop hair-norexia after being here for an amount of time.

Someone might say "Oh your hair is so long and pretty."

And the reply may be "Thank's but its not that long I used to me waist length but my stylist cut to APL it's soo short."

them looking confused :look: "Oooookkkaaaaay"

Uhh yeah i have hurt a few peoples feelings a couple of times without doing it on purpose. Like someone will be like "omg your hair is so lonnngggg" and i'll be like "nahh its SHORT!!!" (in my mind i am comparing MY hair to WL hair). And they will be looking at me like -->insert STANK FACE HERE<-- "uhh so if your long hair is short then i'm like what...BALD HEADED"!

Ooooppsss!!! :Lachen:

I forget that i LIVE in the LHCF world and i must "dumb myself down" in real life when it comes to hair and the "uneducated" hair folks.

I've never understood why some people with mid-length to long hair call their hair short.

It's not like you have to have tailbone length hair until your hair is considered to be long. It's okay to admit that you're not Rapunzel, but you DO have a lil' length going on.

Eh, doesn't bother me on a personal level though.

I have my own hang-ups when it comes to hair/body image too. :giggle:

I'm the same way! :lachen: Before LHCF, I thought anyone with SL hair had "long hair". Now I'm very close to APL and I'm like dang...my hair still isn't long yet! :rolleyes: I'll probably have to be at least FULL BSL before I think my hair is long!

Back