Bug Site Down for Routine Mtce/Upgrade Msg

ilong

God's Own
For the past 4 days I have received the following error when trying to access the forum:
"Some of the areas are temporarily down for routine maintenace and/or upgrades. This maintenance should be finished shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Have a great day! Warmly, ~Long Hair Care Forum"

I thought is was odd to receive the message for so many days - so I tried accessing the site from work and was successful. I emptied the cache and ran a full virus scan and no problems were detected. The laptop that I am unable to access the site from is the same device I have been using for over a year.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? There may be other forum members experiencing the same issue - and not know that the forum is up and running.

I just tried accessing the site again on my other laptop and Ireceived the same message. This is the only site I'm unable to access.

trevprit

ilong
I am too. I got in by only partially typing the web address, letting the browser show some of my history and then clicking on it.

VeryBecoming

Devil's Avocado
I have the same problem. I'll get this page from my laptop, but not on my iPad. I don't get it if I visit the site through Google or my bookmarks either. It stops if I empty the cache but eventually I get the message again.

ilong

God's Own
Also for the 3rd time today when I pressed the enter key while typing a post that I got kicked out of the post. The post did not complete or post to the site

VAIS4LUVAZ

I got it several times last week using Google Chrome so I changed to Firefox and it worked fine. I'm back using Chrome with no issues.

MzRhonda

I get the same same message periodically.......I then google the site and get in that way. :perplexed:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I use Firefox and I get the "error" or "site maintenance" message at least 2 times a week.

As a work around, I just google lhcf and pull it up that way.

ilong

God's Own
For the last couple of days I had been able to access the site via IE8 and just typing longhaircareforum.com

I clicked to advance to the next page on the Scandal thread and the message popped up again. Consequently, I am experiencing the same issue again - unable to access the site via IE8. Chrome lets me right in.

The first time I experienced the problem I was clicking on the next page in a thread and the message popped up.

Hopefully, this will get looked at and resolved soon.

Cien

Pink is my signature color
I got it several times last week using Google Chrome so I changed to Firefox and it worked fine. I'm back using Chrome with no issues.

Thanks so much for this tip! I submitted a ticket on my problems with the error messages, but I just switched to Firefox from Google Chrome, and now everything appears to be okay---and I can access all forums now.

No error messages so far...hopefully it'll stay that way!

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member