Six Months Later.....

LovePatti

Its been a little more then 6 months since my BC and I wanted to celebrate with a flat iron. I think my last post was from my BC, I've been in lurk mode as usual, but I wanted to share with everyone! :grin:
Fortunately I was in for a rude awakening, I didn't realize how much my hair had grown and I am so in love. Today I devoted solely to my hair. I gave my hair its first Bentonite Clay Experience which it loved love loved loved!! Then deep conditioned (Half my head with shea moisture and the other half with Giovanni) only because I didn't like how the shea moisture was feeling on my hair and wanted to see if there was any difference in the other one. Then I detangled with my tangle teaser, blow dried, then flat ironed with my Hana Professional Whew! It was a long day, any who enough of my ramblings, here are the pics!!

My hair with the Bentonite Clay

DSC01120

DSC01122

Lol Looks like I'm gray, I think its gorgeous!!

All Washed Out! My curls were popping! And my hair felt so clean and detangled. It was great!! Def a new staple

DSC01123

DSC01126[/url
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/64367632@N03/8037862806/]

DSC01127

DSC01129
After blowing it out! I was feeling myself after this! I had to step out the house for a few hours and def rocked the fro!

DSC01130

DSC01131
eww gotta clean my mirror

DSC01132
During the flat iron

DSC01133

DSC01134

Finished Process!

DSC01140

DSC01142

DSC01146

DSC01147

IMG_1803
I kind of like the natural layers thing I have going on.

And finally, here are 2 comparison photos of my blow out and flat iron. The first is from April (Easter time) and then today of course

IMG_1807

IMG_1809
Thanks for reading and viewing!!!!
And I guess I am SL sooo APL here I come!!! =] =]

MarieB

Great hair, and beautiful smile! Thanks for keeping me inspired on my journey to fully natural!

meecee

You've had a lot of good growth and even better retention in 6 months. What is your regimen and every day style?

claud-uk

After blowing it out! I was feeling myself after this! I had to step out the house for a few hours and def rocked the fro!

Fro like that, I'D have been feelin' ya too!!!!! :lachen:

Thanks for sharing, sheesh, that's enviable progress :yep:

Harina

You hair is ace!! I love the thickness and the layers!!! What giovanni condish do you use?? I am just about out of my aussie 3 min miracle, and was looking to try something new...

LovePatti

Great hair, and beautiful smile! Thanks for keeping me inspired on my journey to fully natural!
Thanks! That really means a lot to me :grin:

Absolutely gorgeous! How long dodd you transition for before your bc?
Ummm I think it was 14 or 15 months. My last relaxer was Dec 21st 2010 (day before my bday lol) and I cut March 13th 2012.

You've had a lot of good growth and even better retention in 6 months. What is your regimen and every day style?

Thanks! I was so amazed...hmm I'm in the process of reworking my regimen since I live in New England and it's getting really cold. But during the summer I washed either every week or 2 weeks. If I didn't wash with shampoo, then before the second week I would either wet it or co wash. I am still searching for my perfect shampoo but I have used Trader Joe's Nourish Spa and Shea Moisture (the black soap one). As of now I love the Bentonite clay but I know that can't be an every week thing. I also deep condition every 2 weeks with either Giovanni or Shea Moisture. My usual style is a puff or twist out, or twist out then pulled into puff lol. I moisturize with water and either shea moisture curl milk or curl smoothie. However I am looking for a new moisturizer for these winter months. I don't think Shea Moisture is going to cut it. I'm open to any recommendations. :grin:
Oh yeah and I co wash with Trader Joes's Nourish Spa or the Tea Tree Tingle one. I want to start using Tresseme (sp) Naturals.

Beautiful hair. Tell us about those layers. I really like how it's laid.

Thanks! I honestly wish I knew how lol. I think my hair just grows like that.
Did you cut your hair like that?
Hair growth, thickness and shine is impressive :D
Thank you and nope. I did a trim a couple weeks ago so I don't know if that helped it. :ohwell:

You hair is ace!! I love the thickness and the layers!!! What giovanni condish do you use?? I am just about out of my aussie 3 min miracle, and was looking to try something new...

Thanks! I used the Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deep Conditioner. I keep trying to find something else but always end up going back to it. The only reason I've been trying to get away is because I can no longer find the really big bottles and the smaller ones are not cutting it.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. It means so much! I am envious of so many other heads here.

MzSwift

OMG girl, your hair has grown so much!! LOVE the fro, the layers and the wet hair!!

And IA, you have a very pretty smile :)

lovegymnasts

At first, I just scrolled through the pictures. My first thought was, I love the natural layers.
The second time, I read it and saw your comment about possibly liking them.
Yes! They are beautiful!