SL TO APL HOW LONG DID IT TAKE?

Saida

6-7 months, but I was pregnant too, and did alot of protective styles, wich helps my hair grow alot:D

locfreeme

It's been a long, long time for me and at this point I wouldn't be surprised if I'm still trying to get there by this time next year. The only reason I can see a bit of growth is by closely scrutinizing past pictures. I'm quite tall, but still I don't understand why it's taking me so long to get to APL. So after about a year of trying (and not noticing much growth) I had a setback about 9 months ago and cut my hair to just above the shoulders. Now it's just below the shoulders and stuck again. Buns, wigs, braids, nothing seems to make a diff. So anyway, sorry to hijack your thread but I get so mad (mostly jealous) when I see so many folks say they made APL in 6 months.

V

vivadiva85

CurliDiva said:
I'm tall, so it is 5 inches from my shoulder to armpit! :eek: I'm hoping to be there by August, but defintely sometime in 2007.

Yes, I have 5 inches from SL to APL too. :(
Definitely not gonna take 6 months, especially since it takes me 3 months to get an inch. :( :(

V

vivadiva85

bellesocialite said:
I am convinced height has alot to do with reaching APL. Some of you ladies got it in 6 months. Gah. I'm lagging.
I have been fighting to get to APL the LONGEST. I still manage to be in between. :mad: I protective style and all the other stuff and I still can't get there. I am determined to get there by..December :bud:

Me too. And don't have a long neck on top of all of that, or else your journey will seem to be forever. It's to the point where I just don't have target dates. I just hope for an inch every relaxer.

locfreeme

vivadiva85 said:
Yes, I have 5 inches from SL to APL too. :(
Definitely not gonna take 6 months, especially since it takes me 3 months to get an inch. :( :(

I just measured - 5.5 inches btw SL and APL. :( Currently about 2 inches past. Oh well, one day, I guess.

Good luck to you ladies! We should start a new club for all us 5 inch or more chicks. lol

taraglam2

From neck length to grazing shoulder = 1 year
From grazing shoulder to armpit = more than a year 15 months maybe ?

My hair takes its time and grows slow--- Pictures in my fotki show my progress since 2004

B

BabieD

vivadiva85 said:
Me too. And don't have a long neck on top of all of that, or else your journey will seem to be forever. It's to the point where I just don't have target dates. I just hope for an inch every relaxer.

long neck here!!!

newflowers

taraglam2 said:
From neck length to grazing shoulder = 1 year
From grazing shoulder to armpit = more than a year 15 months maybe ?

I think this will beme - maybe a little longer. I am mid-neck length unrelaxed after trimming all of the previously relaxed parts off. Me with totally natural hair - who would have thought it. My plan is to get to shoulder length and then trim, trim, trim until all of the myriad layers are all even. After that, when it finally comes, then I can go for length.

I figure from this July until next before I can try for length. It seems like such a long time, but barring any unforeseen circumstances and learning experiences (I like that so much better than setbacks - it's more positive) even shoulder length next summer, armpit the following summer, and bsl the summer after that. After that, we'll see what happens. My hair has never been that long before.

Christa438

Brendab27713 said:
I'm just wondering how long did it take to get from shoulder length to armpit length?

Great ?, Brendab! I had been wondering the same thing but from looking at fotkis of comparison pictures and dates I guessed 6-8 months too. I know that since I joined LHCF & started my healthy hair-care regimen, my hair has been growing like a weed. So hopefully we'll have the same results in the same amount of time as dlewis, tsmith and others. Hopefully.

QB

Thanks to everyone that chimed in on this, I think I'll just set my goal for 6-9 months I'm thinking by Mar 08 I should be APL I'm going to do more protective styles and keep using BT. Good luck to everyone trying to reach APL.

I started the end of November. I realized I hit APL the end of April when I relaxed, after as 12 week stretch. I was a little past shoulder in November so I will say about 6 months. My new growth was about a 1/2 to 3/4 inch monthly.

bablou00

I started taking care of my hair in Aug of 06 with collarbone length hair on the sides and shoulder length in the back. My hair was damaged from braids and dryness. I have had a couple of setbacks w/ two bad stylist and a few much need trims. At six months I was where I needed to be with the amount of growth you get but lost lenght due to trims and crazy stylist. I should be grazing APL at my next touch up in August but will not be full APL till Christmas. Im okay w/ that because my hair is a lot healthier than its ever been. Plus Im tall so that has a little bit to do w/ it. I just hope to make it to BSL a little faster than I did APL. But this year will be my trial and error I now know what is good for my hair. Good luck getting there. Its a lot of work just keeping the ends healthy is the main thing

CurliDiva

I have not straighten my hair in almost 2 years - so I'm judging APL by just me pulling on the ends. It would probably be longer if it was flat ironed.

TLC1020

Reading comments from those who made it to APL, so the average is about 6-9mths. I guess it will also depend on what you are doing to your hair as in retaining, protein/moisture balance and maybe protective styles.