Smooth Edges without Gel

karebear0610

Hey ladies,

I've been too dependent on my eco styler gel to smooth out the edges on my hairline. I pretty much use the gel everyday, and that's not really good. Just wondering if anyone know a way I can smooth out my edges without the use of gel?

Thanks,

Karen

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
^^^ I was going to suggest the same thing :yep: worked wonders for me when I was transitioning

Live4Me

Elasta QP Mango Butter is the truth!!! I only use it on my edges!!! I haven't had a perm since February and it keeps my natural hair in check. Even when I was relaxed it was a miracle in a jar.

Jaegermany

I was just conteplating doing a search or starting a thread about the same thing!

I really would some products that work for styles (like the trusty snatch back into a pony tail) that I previously relied on gel for...

Ive used EQP Mango Butter and it kinda has been doing the trick but I do follow up with a dab of gel on my edges :( .... I may look into Castor Oil.....

melodies815

Aloe vera and shea butter are phenomenal...straight edges all day!!

I know aloe vera is gel-like, but it's not a gel like you have been using...

HTH!!!

cj

purplepeace79

Hey ladies,

I've been too dependent on my eco styler gel to smooth out the edges on my hairline. I pretty much use the gel everyday, and that's not really good. Just wondering if anyone know a way I can smooth out my edges without the use of gel?

Thanks,

Karen

Oils work well
I also really like Carol's Daughter Mimosa hair honey for flyaways

ingenious_mind

I was seriously about to start a thread asking the same thing! I cowashed my hair yesterday morning and put it into a smooth bun by using cocunut oil and Giovanni direct leave in. I then tied i down with a scarf for about 30 mins and all was good until about mid day my edges were a hot frizzy mess! So Thank you for starting this thread.

goodmorningruby

Elasta QP Mango Butter is the truth!!! I only use it on my edges!!! I haven't had a perm since February and it keeps my natural hair in check. Even when I was relaxed it was a miracle in a jar.

Co signing on the Mango Butter/Aloe Vera. Believe it or not a little bit of raw honey works wonders for this too, at least for me. :yep:

ETA: And honey is a natural humectant (moisture).

WesternEyes

Castor Oil is nice and thick, very good at smoothing my hair back. Profectiv Growth Renew RRTemple Stimulant is great too. Also Afroveda PUR whipped gelly.

KrystalClear

I agree with the ladies that said castor oil. you don't have to use a lot. I actually use castor oil mixed with coconut oil because coconut oil gives a nice shine. I will also use pure unrefine shea butter. It instantly makes my waves POP when I use enough but not tooo much -- then lay on that scarf and you're good to go! hth. =)

Pompous Blue

I'm stretching my relaxers between 20 and 26 weeks.

I love Qhemet Biologics' Amla Oil Nourishing Pomade for keeping my edges in check and soft.

isabella09

I use black Jamaican castor mixed with a little avocado oil. Qhemet Biologics’s Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm is also awesome for smoothing edges.

BrownEyez22

I use Qhemet Olive Heavy Cream, but the QP Mango Butter will work.

QP did nothing for my hair's overall moisture, but it was good for slicking back my edges.

Fhrizzball

I use regular light conditioner as a leave in and top it with a mix of castor with some lighter oil. Tie down my scarf and it's pretty smooth. Even the lightest of gels make my hair hard.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I make my hair damp with a little water then apply the castor oil and tie down with a scarf. If I don't have alot of time I use QP and tie down for a little bit.

Marand13

I apply castor oil and shea butter to wet hair, smooth it down and tie a scarf until it dries. Does the trick for me..

Dommo

I use QB amla pomade and then tie a silk scarf around my edges and nape...Always silky smooth and soft.