Smooth Edges without Gel

karebear0610

Hey ladies,

I've been too dependent on my eco styler gel to smooth out the edges on my hairline. I pretty much use the gel everyday, and that's not really good. Just wondering if anyone know a way I can smooth out my edges without the use of gel?

Thanks,

Karen

^^^ I was going to suggest the same thing :yep: worked wonders for me when I was transitioning

Elasta QP Mango Butter is the truth!!! I only use it on my edges!!! I haven't had a perm since February and it keeps my natural hair in check. Even when I was relaxed it was a miracle in a jar.

I was just conteplating doing a search or starting a thread about the same thing!

I really would some products that work for styles (like the trusty snatch back into a pony tail) that I previously relied on gel for...

Ive used EQP Mango Butter and it kinda has been doing the trick but I do follow up with a dab of gel on my edges :( .... I may look into Castor Oil.....

Aloe vera and shea butter are phenomenal...straight edges all day!!

I know aloe vera is gel-like, but it's not a gel like you have been using...

HTH!!!

cj

Hey ladies,

I've been too dependent on my eco styler gel to smooth out the edges on my hairline. I pretty much use the gel everyday, and that's not really good. Just wondering if anyone know a way I can smooth out my edges without the use of gel?

Thanks,

Karen

Oils work well
I also really like Carol's Daughter Mimosa hair honey for flyaways

I was seriously about to start a thread asking the same thing! I cowashed my hair yesterday morning and put it into a smooth bun by using cocunut oil and Giovanni direct leave in. I then tied i down with a scarf for about 30 mins and all was good until about mid day my edges were a hot frizzy mess! So Thank you for starting this thread.

Elasta QP Mango Butter is the truth!!! I only use it on my edges!!! I haven't had a perm since February and it keeps my natural hair in check. Even when I was relaxed it was a miracle in a jar.

Co signing on the Mango Butter/Aloe Vera. Believe it or not a little bit of raw honey works wonders for this too, at least for me. :yep:

ETA: And honey is a natural humectant (moisture).

Castor Oil is nice and thick, very good at smoothing my hair back. Profectiv Growth Renew RRTemple Stimulant is great too. Also Afroveda PUR whipped gelly.

I agree with the ladies that said castor oil. you don't have to use a lot. I actually use castor oil mixed with coconut oil because coconut oil gives a nice shine. I will also use pure unrefine shea butter. It instantly makes my waves POP when I use enough but not tooo much -- then lay on that scarf and you're good to go! hth. =)

I'm stretching my relaxers between 20 and 26 weeks.

I love Qhemet Biologics' Amla Oil Nourishing Pomade for keeping my edges in check and soft.

I use black Jamaican castor mixed with a little avocado oil. Qhemet Biologics’s Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm is also awesome for smoothing edges.

I use Qhemet Olive Heavy Cream, but the QP Mango Butter will work.

QP did nothing for my hair's overall moisture, but it was good for slicking back my edges.

I use regular light conditioner as a leave in and top it with a mix of castor with some lighter oil. Tie down my scarf and it's pretty smooth. Even the lightest of gels make my hair hard.

I make my hair damp with a little water then apply the castor oil and tie down with a scarf. If I don't have alot of time I use QP and tie down for a little bit.

I apply castor oil and shea butter to wet hair, smooth it down and tie a scarf until it dries. Does the trick for me..

I use QB amla pomade and then tie a silk scarf around my edges and nape...Always silky smooth and soft.

Back