So Cal Gals - Black Hair Day!!!

VALLEYGIRL

Hello So Cal Ladies!!!
I want to do a Southern California 'Black Hair Day' gathering sometime in January.

What do you guys think? I was thinking of a brunch maybe someplace like Jerry's Deli on Beverly Blvd. They can handle a large group of people if necessary and I don't know everyone's budget but they have quite an extensive menu....

We can eat, mingle even bring products to swap and trade if you like.

Let me know your thoughts on if you would like to do this or not. and also other choices for restaurants.

Valleygirl

BTW I am calling it Black Hair Day b/c I want to include ALL black women interested in hair care and hair health; napptural, curly, relaxed, etc.

inthestars

That sounds fun. Keep me posted.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend, I don't have a car at the moment and I live in Long Beach.

Crysdon

Sort of like a "meet-n-greet." Sounds good.

Don't forget to take pictures for the rest of us who can't make it.

adrienne0914

girl, i'm definitely down! keep me posted.

adrienne

p.s. inthestars, i live in Gardena. lemme know if you want a ride. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AliMarie

I am new to this board, an LA Gal and I have learned so much about taking care of my hair from the posts (I am also a PJ who plans to go into recovery in January, especially since I learned that Sally's opens at 9:00am, so I can go there before getting to work at 9:30!!!)

Anywho, what salons in LA do you ladies go to? Looking for some new recommendations!

Thanks

VALLEYGIRL

OK SO WHO IS STILL INTERESTED?

I am bumping up this old post b/c we would still like to try and do this. (didn't happen in Janurary)

Please reply to this or PM me with your email addy.

Thanks
Valleygirl

candycane

I would LOVE to come, however I live in Northern California....Dang...there's never anything going on in this part of Cali. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Candycane

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
weird-- I was just about to ask you the same thing. I am from st. croix-- cruzan princess. You should talk to honeyrockette, I asked her too and she is from st. thomas I think. Even weirder-- i was gonna use islandgirl as my screen name too! Well nice to see a fellow islander!

CynamonKis

Meee too Enyaa--I can't come cuz I'm on the East Coast. I try to make it down to so cal every yr tho....especially enjoyed bh area while i was there...