So Confused Now...What is my hair type!

Ladies,

I need your help. I am still a newbie and I did the big chop on August 21st. :grin:I have been on so many hair boards and read so many articles and charts on hair typing. :spinning: I still don't know what my hair type is! My sister is thinking about transitioning and is doing research of her own and I don't know what to tell her about my hair type. What do you ladies think?

Attachments

• 100_0300.jpg
    100_0300.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_0299.jpg
    100_0299.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_0306.jpg
    100_0306.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 100_0304.jpg
    100_0304.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_0281.jpg
    100_0281.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 70
Sorry I’m not very good at hair typing but wanted to just say that your hair looks beautiful and congratulations you on your BC :clapping:

Hi. I'm no expert but it looks 4a/b to me. It seems like it has some curl. When I was natural my hair would not curl and I believe that is 4b.

I agree with 4a/4b. But it is so short right now, it is hard to tell. Maybe you can ask again in a few weeks for a more accurate answer.

Andrea states that if you have hair like Whoopie, Oprah or Angela Bassett they are all 4's (a or b). I have his book and in it is a pic that looks like your hair that is a 4a. Hope that helps.

Looks 4a to me. But, like the other ladies posted it is harder to determine at the current length. Your hair is gorgeous whatever type!!:grin:

Thank you ladies so much :grin:! This is really helpful! I have tight curls over the majority of my head. I do seem to have a slightly looser curl pattern in my crown and at my nape though. I did read on this board that different textures is not uncommon. I just could not determine the real difference between 4a and 4b.

I will definitely update when it grows out some more.

Back