So Frustrated With My Hair Y'all :(

Im sure we've all hit a point where we're just so fed up with our hair, so frustrated, disappointed...im going through that right now and I'd love to have yall's support...

Im relaxed. I dont relax bone straight, but I wouldnt consider myself texlaxed either...at some point I was trying to go for the texlaxed look but it became overwhelming for me(super thick, if I'd look at it wrong it would tangle, crazy shrinkage, painful detangling, etc) So my last relaxer, which was Sunday, I kinda smoothed some relaxer over my texlaxed portion to loosen it up a bit. Afterwards, I was pretty satisfied with it! The left side and the top right portion feel great and look great! However, I have this one area of my head that is really coarse and doesn't seem to take relaxer too well(even though I smoothed it over and it felt straight...as I was rinsing it out I swear I could feel it reverting) This part of my hair(the back right quadrant if that makes sense) gives me sooo much grief, it's ridiculous. I mean, it tangles like crazy and always feels hard and dry, no matter how much conditioner I slather onto it. Despite it's coarseness, it's extremely delicate and fragile. Im also experiencing lots of breakage at the line of demarcation. I swear to you guys, there's about two inches of hair that looks straight up natural and about four inches of hair that is bone straight, so I know the line of demarcation is super weak but I just dont know what to do about it!

I used the Aphogee 2 step treatment last Friday and I loved the results--I was scared of it for nothing! My breakage stopped immediately! I want to use it again to strengthen and stop the breakage(because im seeing little 1 inch pieces popping off everywhere again ;( ), but I dont want to cause a protein overload...I might just go and buy the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor, I've always had super lovely results with it...I've tried the ORS hair mayonnaise, and I dont like it...it's the only medium protein treatment I have sitting around right now.

I just want to cry...Im really starting to hate my hair, but I dont want to give up. Im gradually learning about what works for my hair (Loving KeraCare Humecto, Aphogee 2 step and 2 min reconstructor, ORS Replenishing pack, Creme of Nature sulfate free shampoo...my hair loves moisture, doesn't seem to like coconut oil too much, it's low porosity, and I just recently got a satin scarf so that should help prevent moisture loss at night) I really want to reach bra strap length in a couple of months(been APL for years it seems like,and im thinking I'm gonna trim about an inch today because i've been finding crazy looking split ends on my hair...like, when I say crazy, I mean crazy lookin!), but I can never seem to get the breakage under control, and if I do, it's only for a short amount of time before it happens again!

Im currently deep conditioning with KeraCare Humecto mixed with some olive oil, praying for some good results.

Thanks for reading this whole thing. What was your rock-bottom moment with your hair? What are your favorite moisturizing products? Favorite protein products? Im specifically in search of a lovely moisturizing leave in conditioner and/or moisturizer.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Im sure we've all hit a point where we're just so fed up with our hair, so frustrated, disappointed...im going through that right now and I'd love to have yall's support...

Im relaxed. I dont relax bone straight, but I wouldnt consider myself texlaxed either...at some point I was trying to go for the texlaxed look but it became overwhelming for me(super thick, if I'd look at it wrong it would tangle, crazy shrinkage, painful detangling, etc) So my last relaxer, which was Sunday, I kinda smoothed some relaxer over my texlaxed portion to loosen it up a bit. Afterwards, I was pretty satisfied with it! The left side and the top right portion feel great and look great! However, I have this one area of my head that is really coarse and doesn't seem to take relaxer too well(even though I smoothed it over and it felt straight...as I was rinsing it out I swear I could feel it reverting) This part of my hair(the back right quadrant if that makes sense) gives me sooo much grief, it's ridiculous. I mean, it tangles like crazy and always feels hard and dry, no matter how much conditioner I slather onto it. Despite it's coarseness, it's extremely delicate and fragile. Im also experiencing lots of breakage at the line of demarcation. I swear to you guys, there's about two inches of hair that looks straight up natural and about four inches of hair that is bone straight, so I know the line of demarcation is super weak but I just dont know what to do about it!

I used the Aphogee 2 step treatment last Friday and I loved the results--I was scared of it for nothing! My breakage stopped immediately! I want to use it again to strengthen and stop the breakage(because im seeing little 1 inch pieces popping off everywhere again ;( ), but I dont want to cause a protein overload...I might just go and buy the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor, I've always had super lovely results with it...I've tried the ORS hair mayonnaise, and I dont like it...it's the only medium protein treatment I have sitting around right now.

I just want to cry...Im really starting to hate my hair, but I dont want to give up. Im gradually learning about what works for my hair (Loving KeraCare Humecto, Aphogee 2 step and 2 min reconstructor, ORS Replenishing pack, Creme of Nature sulfate free shampoo...my hair loves moisture, doesn't seem to like coconut oil too much, it's low porosity, and I just recently got a satin scarf so that should help prevent moisture loss at night) I really want to reach bra strap length in a couple of months(been APL for years it seems like,and im thinking I'm gonna trim about an inch today because i've been finding crazy looking split ends on my hair...like, when I say crazy, I mean crazy lookin!), but I can never seem to get the breakage under control, and if I do, it's only for a short amount of time before it happens again!

Im currently deep conditioning with KeraCare Humecto mixed with some olive oil, praying for some good results.

Thanks for reading this whole thing. What was your rock-bottom moment with your hair? What are your favorite moisturizing products? Favorite protein products? Im specifically in search of a lovely moisturizing leave in conditioner and/or moisturizer.
I'm sorry that you are ao frustrated right now. It'll get better. I have those moments too.
To answer your question, my rock bottom moment was when I did an overnight prepoo with Neutrogena Triple Moisture conditioner on my relaxed hair. My hair was a tangled, matted mess the next morning. Nothing could loosen those tangles. After cowashing a couple times and detangling until my scalp was sore I just decided to chop. This was in 2011. I cut about 14 inches and I was left with 1/2 inch of natural hair.

If it weren't for that moment I would have never had the courage to big chop or go natural at all.

My favorite moisturizer is Garnier Sleek and shine cream. I use aloe juice as a detangler. Most of my deep conditioners are from Kerastase (pricy, but worth it). I like Keracare Humecto and Aphogee 2 minute also. Have you clarified lately? My last frustrating moment was when I had buildup. No conditioner worked for weeks and I had breakage and tangles. Once I clarified and used Loreal Damage Erasing balm my hair was back to normal.

abcd09

your hair kinda sounds like mine. not relaxing straight caused a lot of tangles if i tried to stretch. keep the moisture going. space out the 2 step to once a month, use the 2 min in between. Add aloe vera juice and an oil to your dc. LAYER this: apply dc, then WARM aloe vera juice, then WARM oil.

i used the same products as you, but was worried about product buildup so i moved to more natural products like shescentit dc's and leave ins, aloe vera juice, 100% pure argan oil

@Prettymetty Ah, I've always wanted to try aloe juice as a leave in conditioner or detangler...how do you like it? I've been tempted to go natural so many times, just so I can retain some length...but honestly, I'd love to have thick and healthy relaxed hair first...my scalp is pretty tender, so when I think about going natural, I remember the wash days I had as a little girl. My mother was always so gentle with my hair--I always wore big twisties in my hair, my mother never combed my hair dry--either damp or with conditioner, she would always brace my hair as she began to tangle from the ends up , always used a wide tooth comb(and always stressed the importance of using wide tooth combs...small toothed combs never touched my hair and even today I never comb with a small tooth comb. I always would run away when ever she would break out the dreaded orange comb as a called it lol!), but I would always been kicking and screaming from the pain and I would have a really sore and throbbing scalp days after...I'd rather not go back to that ya know?

@ag00 I love PrettyWitty77! Her hair is the bomb :D

@abcd09 I've definitely been thinking of using the 2 step once a month and using the 2 minute in between, so it's nice to know that someone out there thinks it's a good idea! How do you like using aloe vera in your hair? I've always wanted to try it...my hair seems to always been dying for moisture haha Just today I mixed some olive oil in my KeraCare Humecto and deep conditioned for 45 minutes...good lawd! When I washed my hair out...?Whew, it felt amazing! Still had breakage, so im gonna head and out pick up some aphogee 2 minute some time this week. I've also been thinking about trying argan oil as well....:)

abcd09

@Prettymetty Ah, I've always wanted to try aloe juice as a leave in conditioner or detangler...how do you like it? I've been tempted to go natural so many times, just so I can retain some length...but honestly, I'd love to have thick and healthy relaxed hair first...my scalp is pretty tender, so when I think about going natural, I remember the wash days I had as a little girl. My mother was always so gentle with my hair--I always wore big twisties in my hair, my mother never combed my hair dry--either damp or with conditioner, she would always brace my hair as she began to tangle from the ends up , always used a wide tooth comb(and always stressed the importance of using wide tooth combs...small toothed combs never touched my hair and even today I never comb with a small tooth comb. I always would run away when ever she would break out the dreaded orange comb as a called it lol!), but I would always been kicking and screaming from the pain and I would have a really sore and throbbing scalp days after...I'd rather not go back to that ya know?

@ag00 I love PrettyWitty77! Her hair is the bomb :D

@abcd09 I've definitely been thinking of using the 2 step once a month and using the 2 minute in between, so it's nice to know that someone out there thinks it's a good idea! How do you like using aloe vera in your hair? I've always wanted to try it...my hair seems to always been dying for moisture haha Just today I mixed some olive oil in my KeraCare Humecto and deep conditioned for 45 minutes...good lawd! When I washed my hair out...?Whew, it felt amazing! Still had breakage, so im gonna head and out pick up some aphogee 2 minute some time this week. I've also been thinking about trying argan oil as well....:)
i will not do a wash day without it! i can tell the difference, it helps decrease my tangle to almost 1 or two instead of my whole head.

how are you styling your hair?

buy this argan oil: elma and sana 100% pure from amazon!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
@PianoTiles I love avj! I mix it in my leave in and it really smoothes the cuticle/makes detangling so easy. I also use it to spritz my hair every now and then. I mix it with mn and peppermint oil as a growth aid. It's probably my #1 product :)

Ok, so I'll be picking up some aloe vera juice pretty soon then lol

As for styling my hair, I pretty much bun it up 100% of the time...I'll flat iron maybe once a month/every other month, but I try not to because I always have broken pieces of hair that are about an inch long...so even tho I love having sleek flat ironed hair, I cant do it as much as I want to. I always use a heat protectant(Tresemme heat tamer spray), always deep condition my hair before and I wrap my hair to prevent myself from using heat to frequently during the week.