so i bought an the soft ionic bonnet dryer

erin558

Before I begin my post I would like to say hello to everyone. I joined the boards a few weeks ago and now I'm going to come out of hiding, haha. You guys have saved my hair ( even though I have a long way to go! )

I bought the Ion Soft Bonnet Dryer from Sallys and while I love the fact that it gets my hair dry in under one hour, there is one thing that I noticed about it. Am I the only one that comes out with frizzy hair from it? My hair doesn't come out silky and straight like it does with a hooded dryer. at first I thought it because I wasn't using setting lotion but when I tried it with setting lotion even then it came out frizzy and thick. Btw, I wrapped my hair when I used it. Is there something that I'm doign wrong? is it strictly for rollersetting only, and if I were to rollerset with it would the curls come out frizzy? I would really hate to have to return it because this dryer really saves me time.

BuMP....

I am thinking of getting this dryer (since my hooded one is on it's last leg after 18 years!!!) and would like some more reviews/comments....

Just looks like the soft one would be so convenient...

Hello Erin! Glad you joined us!:)

I can't provide an answer, but hopefully someone will soon as I am intrested in this as well.

Well, my theory is that it might be because the air flow doesn't distribute as well as say a hard bonnet dryer would. I use mine to wet wrap as well, and although my hair doesn't come out frizzy, per se, it's not as 'sleek' as it usually is when I use my hard bonnnet. if you wet wrap then it kind of rubs against your hair and that could cause it not to dry as smooth.

Yeah, I think that the dryer may have a lot to do with the frizzeness factor. My hair has come out very frizzy when I use my "ION space dryer" so now I just use it for deep conditioning. Had I known this was going to be an issue I probably would have purchased a hard bonnet dryer instead :ohwell:

This is bad news for me cause I was really looking forward to getting this "space age" looking thing, mainly for rollersets. I was looking for the convenience of being able to leisurely lounge on the sofa and watch t.v while getting my hair dry!:lol:

Hi erin welcome :)

I have a soft bonnet dryer I forgot the name of the company that made it but when I use it for my rollersets my curls are never frizzy. To tell the truth they are bouncy with alot of shine. I'm sorry that your not happy with your product maybe you should give it one more shot before returning because like you said it does cut down on drying time and IMO it's convenient for watching TV and it's not bulky like those hooded dryers.

I mostly use the hair bonnet for deep conditioning in relative comfort. I've only dried my hair in it, on the cool setting, only about 4-5 times because I'm an avid air dryer.

But when I use it to dry a wrap set, I put a little olive oil on my hair before wrapping, then a cover my wrap with a little cap made of an old nylon pantyhose. I know the pantyhose-thing may be a funny thing to some women, but it's one of those old-school things that really works!!! ;) It lets all the air in to dry my hair while keeping my wrap smoothed down. I do not have any problems with frizzy-ness, and I use it on the "cool" setting to dry.

Legend said:
I mostly use the hair bonnet for deep conditioning in relative comfort. I've only dried my hair in it, on the cool setting, only about 4-5 times because I'm an avid air dryer.

But when I use it to dry a wrap set, I put a little olive oil on my hair before wrapping, then a cover my wrap with a little cap made of an old nylon pantyhose. I know the pantyhose-thing may be a funny thing to some women, but it's one of those old-school things that really works!!! ;) It lets all the air in to dry my hair while keeping my wrap smoothed down. I do not have any problems with frizzy-ness, and I use it on the "cool" setting to dry.

do you have the ionic one or just a regular bonnet dryer?

Back