So, I flatironed my 4a natural hair...

lnana04

and it came out pretty nice. Wednesday I washed with Suave Vanilla Conditioner, deep conditioned with Lustrasilk, and conditioned again with Redken AllSoft. While wet, I sprayed Mane and Tail detangler spray, used a little leave-in conditioner, and used a little heat protectant. I let it airdry in 8 plaits that night, and I flatironed, with no other products yesterday...and here are the results. I also used the chase method using a brush instead of a comb. I also used the Corilioss Flatiron on the highest setting(I hope it reverts back :look:)

1st picture is the conditioner in my hair the day before.
2nd picture is my blowdryed hair
3rd pic is the results(my hair had ALOT of movement)
4rth pic is a cutting method I saw on youtube. I cut above my fingers(didn't cut exactly that much btw). I also did the V-Cut method by feyeselftrim.
5th pic is the the results from the cut.

I have yet to curl and style it, but when I do I'll post pics.

Attachments

• nika2.jpg
    nika2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 245
  • lawana's hair 002.jpg
    lawana's hair 002.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 168
  • lawana's hair 006.jpg
    lawana's hair 006.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 226
  • lawana's hair 007.jpg
    lawana's hair 007.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 176
  • lawana's hair.jpg
    lawana's hair.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 229
Wow your hair looks very healthy and pretty! I just love your natural texture too. Thanks for sharing.

looks great! so the ponytail held straight up to trim gives you a V cut? thats one of the ways I'm going to add to my trim routine

Thank you ALL!!

I love the results. It's still straight with body and I just knew it would revert a little this morning, but it hasn't. My only problem is that it has a LOT of movement but it's fluffy. I wanted a sleeker look, like Beyonce's hair in her recent pics, so next time I flatiron(in 6 months) then I'll try harder to aim for that. I think I'm going to put a little serum in it before flat-ironing next time.

Thanks!

I tried to curl it, but that didn't come out too well, so I put a little Olive Oil in it and put it in three bantu knots. This is the result. It's unfortunate that I'm not going anywhere right now lol, so I had to bantu-knot it again..this time doing it in four instead of three. I'll take it down again tomorrow.

Attachments

• lawana's hair 009.jpg
    lawana's hair 009.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 24
Back