So i WAS IN THE SHOP YESTERDAY...

Dannygirl

I have my family in protective styles... (Talk to my mom and she likes it and agree we hve been doing this for a while now)... ANYWAYS My three little sisters were getting their hair braided and my girlfreind from school happen to be in there I was sitting down and listing to her talk to this "mixed" girl who has "good hair"

My girlfreind has a mixed child with like probably 3c hair and my gf she had about 4b hair and the other lady she was talking to look to have probably 3c hair aswell and my gf was like "Ya girl I got this knotty hair its nappy.. you got that good hair (talking to the mixed girl).. I'm sitting here like.. :perplexed Lord have mercy not the good hair bad hair talk...(i was thinking)
My gf hair didnt look knotty at all but i kept my mouth shut and kept watching.. The mixed lady was saying girl i dont like this thin hair i wish i had your type hair i blow fry it out so it well look good.. My gf was like nah girl u dont want this nappy hair it takes so long to grow.. until i been going thi stylest here (she does a wonderful job)

I just stared.. i almost metioned lhfc but i knew for some reason it just wasnt the right time to ... but just one of those covs that made me half way want laugh .... to me their is only easyier hair to work with not good or bad hair.. :lachen:

CoCoGirl821

I hate those conversations. It not even easier hair to work with, cause to be perfectly honest everyone, no matter what type of hair, has hair problems. I just wish us black women weren't so brained washed into thinking that our hair isn't good enough. Who are we comparing out hair too...white women? PLEASE. I'd rather have my NAPPY hair anyday. Truth be told, black women has some of the most versatile hair in the world. The women here on LHCF are the proof. I am glad that we embrace all types of hair on here, and dont dictat what is good hair or bad hair. Cause there is no such thing:hammer:!!!!